Do People Even Use Search On This Forum

never used search on here to be honest ...

At some point in its life any successful forum will become saturated with the most popular questions. If you advocate using the search function first, 90% of questions could probably be answered that way, and 90% of the posters would disappear. The forum then becomes little more than a source for research. Personally speaking, that's not my idea of a community, but I guess it depends on how much importance you put on membership figures.

Sark

to a certain extent i do get angry with people asking the same questions....but to be honest they're just being lazy, because if on any given day you scroll down the page of this section of the forum you'll find a "what's the best camera" "newbie here need help with camera" etc. these are annoying

Like other people have said, every time I search for stuff here I end up with thousands of threads that may or may not answer my question, but since I don't know the lingo I'm not actually sure if my question was answered or not.

To those who say this is the beginner forum, and that members bored with the repeated questions should look elsewhere, a lot of people just click on "new posts" at the top. That brings up threads from all over the forum, and I really have noticed that a good chunk of new topics are just repeats.

I've been on other (less friendly) forums that have FAQs posted at the top of the beginner forum. Then, even if the beginners don't look at them right away, the more experienced members could refer them to the FAQs and the beginner could come back and ask again if that didn't clear up their question. It wouldn't get rid of all of them, but it would help to alleviate some of the problem.

Nothing wrong with asking even if the thread right beneath theirs ask pretty much the same question.

Noone making anyone answer or even read those.

Dude.. this is the beginner forum... what is it that you expect beginners to talk about?? Most any photography questions can be answered by way of google.... people come here to talk.... there is a social aspect..

If your board with this forum move on to beyond the basics... or the pro forums......

:thumbup:

I generally don't use the search, but that's because I've been here long enough to remember if someone's posted my question before. To the point where if I see one question asked (like max. print resolution, or good place to order prints), I tend to leave a sarcastic comment on the thread that asks the exact same question ... posted but 12 hrs later.

I think I've read this thread before. Didn't use the "search", didja?

:)

Most reactions

Back