Do these clouds look right?

I like the vibrant colors, as well, and your processing isn't too over-the-top. That color sky is something a person using a polarizer would die for at that wide of an angle.

Personally what you did to the sky in the edit competes with the land.

+1. To go a little futher, I'd like to see you pull out the greens a little more. You've done good bringing out shadows, but if you are going to oversaturate the blues, you need to over saturate the greens to match.

Here is a 15 second bump on the green channel. Could use a little more work but I think it shows where I'm going with it.

img0203edit.jpg

Your Edit:
img0203edit.jpg

Nice shot, was this taken from the Southampton light house? I am a sucker for bright saturated colors so i like the first one. If you can pull it back a bit on the sky while keeping the houses as they are i think that would improve the shot.

wow I hope it rains like cats n dogs everyday there then!

I live in Bermuda and your right, droughts hurt us. We had a pretty bad one in July and allot of people ran out of water. If allot of peoples tanks go empty and they have to purchase water from one of our large government water storage facilities that catch and hold water. When it gets real bad this can take days and if they start to run low we might even be forced to bring in a water tanker.

PJL: I did use a polarizer

BoomN4x4: I see what you mean. It definitely helps the image when you bump up the greens as well. It's something I will keep in mind when I edit in the future. Thanks.

Einstein: Yes, it is from the lighthouse. I have more pics taken from it which I will post in another thread. I was in Bermuda with a cruise so we spent 3 days there. It was my second time there but still amazing. We took the Bermuda full island tour which took us through all of the Parishes and allowed us to see a ton. Which Parish do you live in?

Looks like you boosted the contrast overall but more in the sky?

I think you're too level with the clouds, they look funky like you're lookin at em sideways

I live in southampton about 5 minutes from the lighthouse where you took this. If you look at the ocean side of your shot (the left) im on the water just over the hill and out of the shot. Kinda trippy really!

Glad you liked it here. Hope you had a great cruise!

That's awesome. Church Bay beach is up further right? I went there to take pictures one night thinking it would make a nice scene. Then I found out the sun was setting behind the cliff. I tried some bracket exposures to maybe make an HDR. We'll see what happens.

Yah thats right church bay is just around the corner from the lighthouse. At this time of year the sun sets too far north to catch it from there unfortunately but you can still get some really nice colors in the sky and the coastline looking west from there is specatacular. Look forward to seeing your HDR.

Most reactions

Back