Do these courses look any good?

studentnurse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I am an absolute beginner with photography. I am looking to take some courses and would like to know what people think of these courses?

I am considering taking these. What I would like to know is this:

If you have taken it what is it like/ is it worth it?
If not does the courses spec look any good? Have what is need for a novice?

Thanks

Course:

Photography Course - Half Day Fundamentals - Dreghorn Photography

FUNDAMENTALS - Walking Course - Dreghorn Photography

4 Days Photography Course London School of Photography

Seems like an awful lot to shove into four hours. Personally, would suggest joining a local camera club instead; they will likely hold seminars and workshops which are either free, or much less expensive than that, and you won't be under a time-constraint. One of the problems that I've seen with courses of this nature (I have NO knowledge of this course whatsoever) is that they frequently have more students than ideal, and the instructor gets pulled six ways from Sunday answering questions and never gets around to yours.

Oh by the way it is also possible to book a 1 to 1 tutoring for £25 an hr

Seems like an awful lot to shove into four hours. Personally, would suggest joining a local camera club instead; they will likely hold seminars and workshops which are either free, or much less expensive than that, and you won't be under a time-constraint. One of the problems that I've seen with courses of this nature (I have NO knowledge of this course whatsoever) is that they frequently have more students than ideal, and the instructor gets pulled six ways from Sunday answering questions and never gets around to yours.
How do I find a local camera club. (Chicago)

Try typing 'camara club chicago' into a search engine?

Phil

Or check meetup.com?

Most reactions

Back