Do these do anything for anyone?

Snapshot: Now that's funny!

Here's my take of this photo:

LadyLiberty.jpg

The horizon is tilted, and the composition is weighted too much to the left (not well balanced).
I knew I misplaced my high horse...now where could it be? :confused:

A little PP does wonders. Nice shots
Thanks

Oh hey - Tyler!

Let it be.

This is another thread all together! Forget about the snapshot-one!

AgentDrex: nice version - composition is much better now, more evenly distributed, and I can't see in your version what the Jeweller is seeing in it (crooked horizon and unbalanced composition, as the sailing boat does balance it!).

Oh hey - Tyler!

Let it be.

AgentDrex: nice version - composition is much better now, more evenly distributed, and I can't see in your version what the Jeweller is seeing in it (crooked horizon and unbalanced composition, as the sailing boat does balance it!).
Bitter Jeweler is being sarcastic. He is also trying to continue the snapshot thread. Why am I being targeted here when they are clearly the offenders?

#1... Underexposed and composition needs work. I would crop about 50 pixels off of the right to balance out the image more. There's too much space to the right of the statue relative to the space left of the boat.

#2... Don't really like anything about it.

I do like the second one, too, as the clouds have a nice light on them, which is why I am sad to hear your cropped off a lot of WATER, when I feel you should have made those lovely clouds your "Subject No 2" (along with the buildings on ... is that Ellis Island??? :scratch: ). But your own words suggest there is no chance for you to put BACK a bit of sky?

The dark bottom part can be brightened while masking off the sky part (which is good). But there simply is not enough sky...

Oh hey - Tyler!

Let it be.

Bitter Jeweler is being sarcastic. He is also trying to continue the snapshot thread. Why am I being targeted here when they are clearly the offenders?
No I am not. On either account. YOU are making incorrect assumptions.

You have two strong verticals, that are placed too far to the left, which effects the image's balance. The horizon IS slightly tilted.

But then again, what do I know, right?

#1... Underexposed and composition needs work. I would crop about 50 pixels off of the right to balance out the image more. There's too much space to the right of the statue relative to the space left of the boat.

#2... Don't really like anything about it.

:sexywink:

No I am not. On either account. YOU are making incorrect assumptions.

You have two strong verticals, that are placed too far to the left, which effects the image's balance. The horizon IS slightly tilted.

But then again, what do I know, right?

Be honest with yourself and the rest of the community. The only reason you came to this thread is because of the snapshot thread. This thread was pages back. It was brought up again as a result of the snapshot thread, and you chose to post in it because of the snapshot thread. You will say "There is no way for you to know what I would or would not do." We both know that if it had not been for the snapshot thread, you would not have posted here.

The two verticals are placed too far to the left by about 130 pixels. The horizon is off by less than half a degree.

Whether or not your statements are true does not determine your intent. The best and most effective sarcasm is achieved by using truth and facts in the statement itself.

You think you are clever but you aren't fooling anyone.

I think I found the high horse.

I think you dropped your tinfoil hat.
Your conspiracy theory is interesting, though.

:shock:

I do like the second one, too, as the clouds have a nice light on them, which is why I am sad to hear your cropped off a lot of WATER, when I feel you should have made those lovely clouds your "Subject No 2" (along with the buildings on ... is that Ellis Island??? :scratch: ). But your own words suggest there is no chance for you to put BACK a bit of sky?

The dark bottom part can be brightened while masking off the sky part (which is good). But there simply is not enough sky...
Unfortunately, you're right. I can't put more sky back. It was a compositional error I made when taking the photo and I have learned from it.

Also, that is the Royal Naval Dockyard in Bermuda. I can see how it could be confused with Ellis Island though.

Be honest with yourself and the rest of the community. The only reason you came to this thread is because of the snapshot thread. This thread was pages back. It was brought up again as a result of the snapshot thread, and you chose to post in it because of the snapshot thread. You will say "There is no way for you to know what I would or would not do." We both know that if it had not been for the snapshot thread, you would not have posted here.

The two verticals are placed too far to the left by about 130 pixels. The horizon is off by less than half a degree.

Whether or not your statements are true does not determine your intent. The best and most effective sarcasm is achieved by using truth and facts in the statement itself.

Hey silly little billy willy! Guess what? I bumped your thread to comment on your snapshots, not Bitter.

On top of that, he gave you criticism (even the constructive kind!) You should be happy, and looking for ways to improve your snapshots... But you're too busy defending yourself, and your snapshots.

If the horizon is tilted enough to bee seen with the naked eye, then it's tilted too much. Or at least that's the suggestion that was given by BJ.

Would you rather he just bluntly said "Hey, you're snapshots suck". Because he could have said that also...?

Hey silly little billy willy! Guess what? I bumped your thread to comment on your snapshots, not Bitter.

On top of that, he gave you criticism (even the constructive kind!) You should be happy, and looking for ways to improve your snapshots... But you're too busy defending yourself, and your snapshots.

If the horizon is tilted enough to bee seen with the naked eye, then it's tilted too much. Or at least that's the suggestion that was given by BJ.

Would you rather he just bluntly said "Hey, you're snapshots suck". Because he could have said that also...?
??? I know you bumped my thread, not Bitter. When I said "it was brought up again..." I meant by YOU. I did not say Bitter bumped it. I said he posted in it.

If you want to talk about you, we can do that as well:
Somehow you are offended by my response to your childish behavior. (Possibly because you actually realized how childish you have been acting.) You proceeded to search for several of the threads that I posted in and make comments that contribute nothing. (Bitter was smart enough to disguise his intentions with true statements.)

Did I ever mention that I did not want criticism? In fact, I went back to the photo and edited it according to exactly what Bitter said. I even gave near exact dimensions as to how much the image was off.

It is obvious to me, and should be to others, that you have a serious comprehension problem. I suggest you discontinue posting in the manner that you have chosen to thus far. (You know, the size 7 font, I-speak-before-thinking type of post)

This thread was meant for receiving feedback on two images that I thought were garbage when I first saw them. From this point on I will not respond to any post that does not contribute useful information regarding the initial post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back