Do we need a macro sub-section

Do we need a macro subsection?

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I forget who suggested it, but I have noticed a lot of macro work appearing round the site - hiding in the different sections we have currently, but I feel that macro is a strong enough field of photography to have its own separate area. Remember macro is not just photos of flowers and bugs, but the whole area of closeup photography in general - from toys to pens to water-drops.

Note I used the word closeup since whilst true macro is 1:1 magnification many shots taken at 1:2 of subjects such as dragonflies also get counted by many to be macro work.

but what are other peoples opinions? We already have 7 dedicated subsections - do we need an 8th?

Yes, and i know it may be a bit of work, but i would like to see sub forms for the following off of the Nature section or just simply new sections.

Birding and Wildlife(other then birds) obv. It might not happen, but a suggestion.

wouldn't this be better in the suggestion forum to?

Yes, and i know it may be a bit of work, but i would like to see sub forms for the following off of the Nature section or just simply new sections.

Birding and Wildlife(other then birds) obv. It might not happen, but a suggestion.

wouldn't this be better in the suggestion forum to?

I am also agree with matt-l.

This isn't in the right section... but...

YES!

I moved the poll from the Discussion forum to Feedback and then merged the two threads to keep it all together.

Now I am tired. :mrgreen:

I only see a dozen or so positive responses to this. Also, it isn't clear what it is you're asking for: a complete stand-alone Gallery for macro or an actual sub-forum, which is attached to a parent forum similar in content or theme?

I'll put in a vote for a macro sub in the photo galleries section.

sorry Terry - I meant a macro subforum in the sense of a stand alone gallery - much like we have landscape, people, nature etc in separeate galleries. Giving it a gallery in this style I think keeps it open to other uses of macro baring insects.

How do we vote ? Anyways, I would say yes. It may not be used as much as the others but there is always going to be macro photography so why not!

just sending this back to the first page for consideration - now that we are under new management and all

I will vote YES, whether it is a sub-section or a stand alone is not that important to me. I will be getting a macro lens this year (2009) and hopefully will be posting some photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back