Do What??

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
as i was getting ready for work today, i was thinking of all the really weird saying we hear, and use...and was wondering where in the heck they come from.... so i thought, hey, some are the same the world over, but some are different....and i thought , bet the ones i know, are not the ones that others know..and visa versa...

so, i thought, lets hear everyones ... and tell us if you know why we say it..

for instance..

i have heard my whole life about being "drunker than cooter brown...."

now, for years i have heard this saying....and i cant find a single soul who knew ole cooter.... do ya'll?? and did the man never do anything but drink? i never hear, smart as cooter brown... or sneakier than cooter brown... or even pretty as cooter brown... did the guy only drink?? and was he just a hell of a drinker?? could it ultimately be a compliment to drink as much as cooter brown??? did ms cooter brown never do anything??? did his little cooters never rise above their daddy's fame?? these are things i ponder alone in my bathroom putting on make up at 5.30 in the morning....

so if you know cooter brown... tell me about him... and if you have sayings your not sure what they mean, lets share....
i have also heard things like dumb as a box of rocks... so ugly you had to tie a steak around your neck to get the dogs to play with you... you got the personality of a stump....your like a bull in a china closet....so ugly, you could sit on a stump and hatch a haint....sweating like a whore in church..smaller than a popcorn fart.....etc....

so... lets hear it, i know southerners use alot of descriptions for everything, but i bet every one else does too....i need new ones, and we all need a laugh today... :lol:

Hotter than a $2 whore on dollar day....
She/He's about as sharp as a pound of wet leather....
I'm busier than a one armed man in a butt kicking contest....

I know I've got tons of them but it's just too early to think. I'll try to post more before we leave for the weekend. :D

photogoddess said:
Hotter than a $2 whore on dollar day....
She/He's about as sharp as a pound of wet leather....
I'm busier than a one armed man in a butt kicking contest....

I know I've got tons of them but it's just too early to think. I'll try to post more before we leave for the weekend. :D

how about busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest :lmao:

aprilraven said:
as i was getting ready for work today, i was thinking of all the really weird saying we hear, and use...

....so ugly, you could sit on a stump and hatch a haint....

My monitor and keyboard are now ruined. I sprayed sweet tea out my nose over this one ...

OMG ... stop it ... yesterday it was copulating amoeba thanks to terri ... today it's cooters and haints ... I just can't take it anymore!

I'm already crazier than a bessie bug ... ;)

i'm as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar......sorry, don't know the origin :lmao:

I got all cattywhompus over your original post, aprilraven, that I forgot to say:

That put a quiver in my live
wound up tighter than an eight day clock
rode hard and put up wet
full as a tick
he's just as happy as if he had good sense
scarce as hen's teeth

and my personal favorite:

busier than a flea at the pound on a saturday night ...

these are great!! i love 'em...sorry pallie about your key board..my bad...

i remember bessie bug.... love that... never have heard of marks outta 2...or handbags at dawn... those are cool..

ya'll are great.... keep them coming.... i'm getting nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockers.....

busier than a one armed paper hanger..... (wall paper...)

cute as a speckled pup.....
blacker than satans soul...( my personal favorite...!!)

anicole said:
he's just as happy as if he had good sense
scarce as hen's teeth

how do you not love those???? scarce as hens teeth...i'm dying here..!! :lmao: :heart: :heart:

how do you not love those??

aprilraven said:
blacker than satans soul

mean as satan's momma

preachin' to the choir

you ain't just a woofin' (meaning: you aren't kidding)

Most reactions

Back