Do you actually feel your photography is improving?

That 'cuz mines 1.4.
Mines in shutter priority mode...

You're doing it all wrong then! You should be in aperture priority because clearly size matters more than speed.

Ahh but my Daddy always said you can't drive a spike with a tack hammer, so clearly you've discounted the effect of the number of Megapixels behind the lens.:allteeth:

That's okay, I can just crank up my sensitivity and I'll still get an exposure at the end.

Ewww enough please with the double entendres. We get it.

I have every year less and less "keepers". I guess I am improving. Somewhere...

Back on post, and along the same lines as you stated, I've become more knowledgeable and more skilled at judging my work and making adjustments. Does that count as improvement???

Back on post, and along the same lines as you stated, I've become more knowledgeable and more skilled at judging my work and making adjustments. Does that count as improvement???

Timor- It's possible that you have less keepers because you're more critical of your own work. Or because you're more confidant in getting the shot in one instead of 20.

Smoke- I think that's a huge step in the process of becoming better.

Maybe, but knowing what I'm doing wrong and "actually" correcting it is where the rub comes in!

Subject worth further exploration I think.

Possibly, but it will have to wait until the end of the month when I get back there again. I really needed a speedlight to freeze the water drops.

Thank you for the feedback.
It's very interesting to see how other people who are not familiar with this type of art react to it.
Behind every picture is a story. I believe in that. If that's not the case then I wouldn't publish it. But the story is individual and up to you. I have my story on how to interprete this picture. You have yours. Like there heads are cut off haha. If that's what you see in this image then of course this is completely up to you.

Timor- It's possible that you have less keepers because you're more critical of your own work. Or because you're more confidant in getting the shot in one instead of 20.

I think so. Getting more critical regarding own deeds is a part of own development. That maybe connected to the process of aging, changes in approach to the world, seeing what others did to reach for excellence and what I can do. In any case game changed. From hunting for good picture to making good one. A chess game.

Last edited:
I don't think I have improved much since I joined this forum but I'm a newbie. But the ideas on different subjects are what intrigue me. I will be posting these soon and then when the comments and critiques start coming in then the improvements begin.

This year I have been focusing on improving the composition on my photos. I have watched my photos get much better with this goal I have had, and I've noticed that I have a lot more keeper photos when I go out and shoot. :)

Once upon a time people used to wonder if I had studied medicine since the volume of amputations in my photography resembled the work of a surgeon. Nowadays people look at my photos and compliment me on the quality of my camera. So yes, there is improvement there somewhere!

YES. It has improved quite a lot in most areas. I have started understanding the nuiances of a Mirrorless camera (Fuji XE2). The areas of improvements are in Focusing, exposure, & use of the function switches etc. etc. Ofcourse, parallely, I would say I have improved in Composition & post-processing as well.

I have to say my knowledge has improved at least. I now know my old point and shoot had controls I never knew about until I got my dslr:biglaugh:

Wait! There are people who actually only take ONE shot of a scene??? I can take an easy dozen ( and not in burst mode either! ). I hope I never get that confident. I am not a betting person:05.18-flustered:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back