Do you buy monthly photography magazines?

I subscribe to:
Outdoor Photgrapher
Rangefinder (free)
Popular Photography
PCPhoto

I think that is all...

I don't subscribe to any... between MMA, car racing, travelling, photography, music and computers... nah, its not going to happen. I have too many hobbies that if I bought all the magazines for them, I would not be able to afford the hobbies! (lol).

The $500.00+/year in magazines is a long way closer to some fine glass instead... that's my take.

I used to buy mags but now I feel I've out grown them. I'd love a small talk about a subject... "SuperCamMan go's shoots the lake" and they'd waffle on, then you'd get a photoshop blast, all good. But now I feel I've outgrown that. I think I take many photos as good and probably know more photoshop. Before I used to try and understand the Pro's point of view but now the more experienced me too often doesn't agree with the Pro's comments on the amateur shots sent in.

This site/membership is huge upgrade to any mag me thinks but I'm not sure that anyone can skip the mag lessons either.
They are probably the best introduction to photography other than school.

Hi,

I read Lenswork, B&W, Camera Arts, Viewfinder for inspiration and Shutterbug for information. The best, IMHO, is Lenswork.

Paul

Everytime I see this thread, I think it's about a different type of magazine. Really must be time I looked into some reading glasses....

I get to Barnes & Noble every month to go through the new editions. I will usually pick-up Shutterbug & Popular Photography & Imaging. It all depends on what's in it that month. Out of 140 pages there is usually 80 pages of advertising. For the price of these things its not worth buying unless there is a specific article of interest to me.

Your probably right, but i tend to just look at what the local library has. I get all my books off amazon so I haven't stepped inside a bookstore in a few years.

That being said, I've always thought American Magazines are much more about buying things, while Enlish Magazines are more about doing things.

At least thats what i've seen in, Motorcycle, bicycle, and off-road magazines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back