Do you consider this...art? NSFW Link.

Is it art? It is if she says it is, because she's created it. Whether anyone else likes it, or agrees with her is really irrelevant. That said, I don't find these even vaguely interesting. IMO, while the concept is a potentially good one, the failing point of the series is that they all appear to have had virtually no effort put into them, and the whole concept relies on the fact that she's an attractive, fit, young lady. I suspect if I were to produce exactly the same series of images with my fat, saggy old ass in them, there would considerably fewer hits on that page.

Yes, you're probably right - and that is not a commentary on your saggy old ass, but rather on the society that is viewing your saggy old ass. Plus, I just like typing saggy old ass ;)

But ultimately, it would make for a more interesting social commentary. For me, these pictures are not about shock or social commentary, but about titillation.

Is it art? It is if she says it is, because she's created it. Whether anyone else likes it, or agrees with her is really irrelevant. That said, I don't find these even vaguely interesting. IMO, while the concept is a potentially good one, the failing point of the series is that they all appear to have had virtually no effort put into them, and the whole concept relies on the fact that she's an attractive, fit, young lady. I suspect if I were to produce exactly the same series of images with my fat, saggy old ass in them, there would considerably fewer hits on that page.

Yes, you're probably right - and that is not a commentary on your saggy old ass, but rather on the society that is viewing your saggy old ass. Plus, I just like typing saggy old ass ;)

But ultimately, it would make for a more interesting social commentary. For me, these pictures are not about shock or social commentary, but about titillation.

heh heh heh heh

you said "tit"

:eek-73: Lenny said ' titillation' *giggle*

So what would the more interesting social commentary be if it were me?

I must be a simpleton.

It does not take very long to read through a couple of Art vs Not Art posts to know that I give meaning to the thing I am looking at, words I read or hear, music I hear... No matter what the intent of the sender is. Nice when I receive and understand what they intended as they intended, but it does not always happen like that.

The real question is. Would you date her? Let us be honest. She is a nice looking woman. But the embarrassment and annoyance of being with someone in public that randomly strips and takes selfies may not be worth the headache.

The real question is. Would you date her? Let us be honest. She is a nice looking woman. But the embarrassment and annoyance of being with someone in public that randomly strips and takes selfies may not be worth the headache.

Hells yes!
free spirited, uninhibited women have always been my bread and butter.
thats why I married one.

:eek-73: Lenny said ' titillation' *giggle*

So what would the more interesting social commentary be if it were me?

The reaction to an attractive young woman who is nude in public is so predictable it's practically a cliche. The reaction to an older man doing the same thing might provoke a wider range of reactions and it could inspire an interesting dialogue on, for example: how accepting we are or aren't of nudity; how accepting (or not) have we become of bodies outside the norm of 'beauty;' how our reactions change when it's a man and not a woman (or an older person rather than a younger person) and if these reactions are rooted in deep-seated stereotypes and prejudices; how many people are willing to go along and be seen along with the nude subject.

There seems to be a consensus that she is attractive. How in the world does that happen in this world / forum of disagreements?

There seems to be a consensus that she is attractive. How in the world does that happen in this world / forum of disagreements?
As photographers it is our job to be able to recognize beauty and study each attribute of our subjects from a professional and artistic standpoint. Some of us probably would like to study this subject further.

As photographers it is our job to be able to recognize beauty and study each attribute of our subjects from a professional and artistic standpoint. Some of us probably would like to study this subject further.

therein lies the problem with modern society.
"experts" sitting atop their perch, looking down upon the masses and deciding what is "beautiful" and what is not.
It has permeated magazines, television..pretty much everything. You only have to look at a magazine rack or tv commercial to see. Then we wonder why our children have self esteem issues when they don't look like the Photoshopped models that they are told are the "standard" of beauty.
Heck, even what society considers the "standard" in beauty has changed over the years.

"experts" sitting atop their perch, looking down upon the masses and deciding what is "beautiful" and what is not.
It has permeated magazines, television..pretty much everything. You only have to look at a magazine rack or tv commercial to see. Then we wonder why our children have self esteem issues when they don't look like the Photoshopped models that they are told are the "standard" of beauty.
Heck, even what society considers the "standard" in beauty has changed over the years.

boy didn't you just jump up to the high road. LOL!!

boy didn't you just jump up to the high road. LOL!!

I figured you needed the company. =)

This has always baffled me about popular photography. If you go to Fstoppers.com, and look at the list of popular photos, 90% are of half-naked, thin, often light-skinned women. These photos also get rave comments about their artistry.

Now there's nothing wrong with enjoying a photo of a beautiful women, but at the same time, I don't understand why people are enamored with it...

"This photo is amazing! 10/10"

You mean her breasts are amazing. Everything else about the photo is generic or cliche.

Last edited:
I dont mean to imply that there are problems with being beautiful, even by modern standards, but....
when you have to take an 11 year old girl to the hospital because she cut herself so deep it cut her tendons because she thought she was "too fat" to ever be liked by anyone....it really changes your perspective.
an 11 year old...clinically depressed and suicidal. ELEVEN. that girl shouldn't have had a care in the world. instead, she wants to die because she cant look like the women in magazines or television.
like it or not, the bar has been raised, and its far too high for a game of limbo.

Most reactions

Back