Do you ever get over it?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sitting here while my computers are working, thinking about this rehearsal I am going to tonight. I do it pretty much every Friday night. Nothings really different today than it has been for the last several years of Friday and Saturday nights.

About two hours before the rehearsal, I start to get a knot in my belly. I got to the rehearsal, and everything ends up being the same as all weddings, and I go home and can't sleep to save my life.

Get up on wedding day, tired as all get out, worry the whole day, tired and cranky.

Shoot the wedding.

Come home and worry that the shots all suck. Or that worse yet, they will be stuck in the card or something. LOL.

Anyhoo, how many of you still freak out before during and after each shoot?

Cindy:

No, you'll probably never get over it... it's just who you are. But rest easy, I read yesterday that Luciano Pavarotti suffered from stage fright and doubts about his voice.

Didn't hurt his career much.

I seriously think I'm an anomaly here. I almost never get stressed before a shoot. I'm not sure why though. I even had a 2nd shooter tell me that I was the most relaxed and easy going main photographer that he's ever shot for. Even so... I think it's totally normal to be nervous.

I shot my brother in law's wedding just a few weeks ago. - Got some good results, but I was really worried right up until I heard them both say how much they liked the photos. :)

I get the butterflies but usually I'm more worried about forgetting something important. Once the action starts...I'm running on adrenalin and there is not time to worry or be nervous.

" Come home and worry that the shots all suck. Or that worse yet, they will be stuck in the card or something."

Out of 2-3000 shots you'd have to be pretty garbage for them all to suck, but nerves, a different kettle of fish, I dont get the pre wedding jitters anymore but usually a good visit to the WC beforehand suffices. H

I'm like Cindy...can't sleep the night before and feel sick to my stomach. I check my bags like three or four times, to make sure I didn't forget anything. And you would think it would stop after the wedding...NOT...then I have to download the pictures :puke: My husband is like "what's wrong with you?" All I can say is "nerves". Maybe it is just a girl thing...dunno??? I am just glad I am not the only one...thought maybe something was wrong with me...:lol::lol:

I think it just means you always want to be good and be improving when you get those kinds of nerves. I still get freaked out, but that's because I still think I'm new at all of this.

Anyhoo, how many of you still freak out before during and after each shoot?

I do, every single time, but mostly just before, and more so if its a large group of people. If its an individual or small group, like a senior portrait or small family shoot, I am very comfortable before, during, and after. Large crowds make me nervous. I think they might see me do something stupid or question my ability. I havent done many weddings yet, but during the ones I have done, the adrenlin takes over and I feel better once I get going.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back