Do you ever?

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
do you guys ever look at your photos, and just feel heartbroken at how bad you think they are? or look at old stuff and remember how every single time you picked up your camera and did a shoot you walked away a better photographer and were concious of it?

I mean heartbroken like real physicalesque pain deep down. i feel like i've been in such a rut lately . . . . just curious to see if you guys go through this.

thats pretty much how I feel about EVERY photo I've ever taken, I hate probably 99% off all the shots I take. I just can't stop picking holes in them. But hey I still enjoy taking photos, when the British weather allows!!

I had the whole week off work this week and I've been out ONCE! Weather has been a nightmare of late

:) rains every day here too . . . good thinkg my photo bag has a rain flap, i shoot rain or shine. . . in fact i got my d200 wet in a river yeseterday.

but man . . . i'm like border line not photographing stuff lately.

yeah, funny thing is most of my gear is very well weatherproofed. Just a shame I'm not :lol:

I get like that though, nothing can inspire you, then all of a sudden BANG! everywhere you look its a possible photo

yeah i still feel inspired and see potential photographs everywhere . . . i've just been having a problem delivering i think.

I am right there in the rut with ya... I wish there was an easy fix to get me out of this funk. I can't seem to get things together lately :banghead:I.

I have only 3 shots that I don't feel that way about. But even with those I always seem to find the tiniest things that I feel I could have done better.

I spent all day scanning the same neg over and over and over and repeatedly trying to make a perfect print. I'm only moderately happy with what I came up with.

The truth is, most of the time I look at the stuff you guys post and wonder if I can get even moderately close.

I spent all day scanning the same neg over and over and over and repeatedly trying to make a perfect print. I'm only moderately happy with what I came up with.

The truth is, most of the time I look at the stuff you guys post and wonder if I can get even moderately close.

I often look at some amazing photo on here, and think; "If I was in the same location, with the same camera, on the same settings, could I get a shot that great? No."

i have accepted now that I'm pretty crap, so any photo i take which is half decent is a bonus. I still hope of taking an accidently great shot one day :)

I think like most people here, we are all our own worst critics. My mate is bordering on selling all his Canon gear and giving it up for a while - he's lost the interest in it.
Strangely, i think his shots are better than mine, while he thinks mine are better than his. I think it also stems from I see my images from the moment they are captured, then post processing, cropping, framing etc while others would probably only see the final result.
By the time the image is in a frame, looking its best, the impact has sort of gone because i've been looking at it for ages (it seems).
I think what also doesn't help is seeing the standard of work that others produce and wishing i could reach that level.

It doesn't stop me trying or continuing to shoot but I do understand the wanting to give up for a while.

I agree.. Thats how I feel..

do you guys ever look at your photos, and just feel heartbroken at how bad you think they are? or look at old stuff and remember how every single time you picked up your camera and did a shoot you walked away a better photographer and were concious of it?

I mean heartbroken like real physicalesque pain deep down. i feel like i've been in such a rut lately . . . . just curious to see if you guys go through this.

I look at the first wedding I did, I remember how awesome I was told I did, and how I did better than the pro that was hired....but then when I look at it closer and compare it to other weddings I have seen I think it sucks and I should just give up the whole idea of shooting for money.........

but then I look at the engagement shoot i just did and hear from my clients that they just loved the shots and it gets me going again.....

I am right there with you man.........I go through ruts and dryspells......right now I cant tell you the last time i just went out and shot for fun.....It seems I only take my camera out nowadays to shoot for an advertising client or a bride and groom....

I guess my advice (and I need to take this to) is just to go out and shoot shoot shoot and have fun.......dont worry about making the perfect shot....just shoot for the love of it.

yeah, jeepnut, part of me feeling like this is bc i had a wedding go bad. . . sort of

bad clients, terrible wedding, hard to work with, uniterested in taking time for photos. holy crap a memory card failed (no it couldn't be recovered, don't suggets that to me) . . . then the week after the wedding the bride almost died, and i get to inform her about 5 important photos that are missing. then they beetch beetch beetch.

anyways, i'll be changing how all my shoots are done. i won't work for clients like those people, price change to market more specifically.
and the shots were good for the wedding . . . and i know that, but its still a huge downer to hear someone complain about minor crap and make it out to be huge.

then i go to thailand and don't take as many photos as i would have expected, idk, i'm just not feeling like i'm as good of a photographer lately.

Most reactions

Back