Do you feel like an adult?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Scott WRG Editor, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Scott WRG Editor

Scott WRG Editor King of Smoothness

Do you feel like an adult? I'm 35 and most of the time I feel like a moron. I mean I'm responsible so it's not like I'm immature but I look at other people my age and they seem to have it together. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up :) I know I'm socially retarded but I don't know if that its. I was engaged once and I thought that was an "adult" thing to do (unfortunately my fiance thought her ex-boyfriend was the thing to do) but other than that I don't have a clue as to what being an adult is, I feel like I'm 17 and goofy half the time.

Can anybody relate or am I a lone socially retarded moron?

2. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

You're no different than the rest of us............ Go to a yuppy bar on a Friday after work. Go see for yourself just how well some of these people "Have it together". Life is life no matter what color you paint it. It's all the same in the middle.

3. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I don't feel like an adult either. Sometimes I feel like I'm just playing make believe at work all day, like I'm actually an adult with real responsibilities. I am 33 and when my mom was my age she had three children under the age of 10. I absolutely cannot fathom that. And it's certainly not any sort of immaturity, I own a home, I'm fiscally responsible, I'm not out living the high life every night. It's really hard to describe or to imagine what it would feel like to feel like an adult. I'm kinda come to believe that everyone must feel this way.

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nope! I am 25, have 2 children, work full time, own a photo business and go to school. I still don't feel like an adult :)

5. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't ever WANT to feel like an adult. What fun is that?

6. santino

santino TPF Noob!

probably no fun.
    I don't really know what "adult" should be like (maybe 'cuz I'm only 18 :))

7. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

Wow Scott , I so relate to what you just posted !

Time and time again I stop and think " I feel mentally stuck at 15 or thereabouts ....I guess I should start 'actin my age' ...." :lol:
    But then I shrug it off and just continue on , sometimes doin 'kid things'.

I think , if you ever lose that 'childlike spark ' and start feelin ' grown up ' then you're taking yourself , and life , wayyyyyy to seriously.
    If that happens then ya need to kick back and go swing on some swings or the monkey bars for a little while , until ya loosen up a lil ;) :lol:

Man , childhood has that certain magic , our minds were open to a hella lot more back then ( I believe ) .... theres gotta be a key or two there that opens the ' This is how to really live life ' treasure box :sillysmi:

8. Not Neve

Not Neve TPF Noob!

I feel young at heart and I try not to think about my actual age. If I think about it I end up depressed because I still don't know what I want to do with my life, and because I'm single. And to top it off, I hate getting together with all (4) of my siblings at the same time because 3 of them are married and even the other one is in a long-term relationship.

I'm depressed now, just think about it. :cry:

9. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

Yes, unfortunately.

People say I've matured. Many people don't even recognize me anymore, which is very odd, especially since it's people that should recognize me, and are like 'no way!' when I say who I am. Then again it is fun to talk to someone you know and toy with them.. ;)

I'm evil.

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

if you guys know anything about me...then you know the answer to this question....

im NEVER growing up.

md

11. Scott WRG Editor

Scott WRG Editor King of Smoothness

You know what? I don't find that statement from you surprising :)

We all have to grow old but we don't have to grow up.

12. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I sure hope you don't. You wouldn't be the same if you acted all 'grown up' and stuff. :)