Do you find it funny?

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I see these Canon adds in magazines with a bunch of pro photogs all with very similar white lenses all tight together in one location and like a little blurb saying how great they are. When i see this it just makes me think that canon symbolizes uniformity and anti-creativity and makes individualism seem wrong.

IDK, just how i see it.

I see these Canon adds in magazines with a bunch of pro photogs all with very similar white lenses all tight together in one location and like a little blurb saying how great they are. When i see this it just makes me think that canon symbolizes uniformity and anti-creativity and makes individualism seem wrong.

IDK, just how i see it.

I've never really looked at my camera as a work of art in itself. How unique! I don't care what the stuff looks like, my lens could be pink if it took better photos than a black lens. Fortunately color doesn't matter anymore. :)

I think all cameras are like that. I can't really think of any DSLR that's branched out into looking unique other than the E-300, and that didn't really go over too well...

I didnt mean the look of the camera
but like the people that shoot canon (no offence)

I've seen a pic like that (maybe the same one) in the book that came with the Canon when we got it.

I think its sorta meant to represent more people use Canon (well telephoto lenses anyway) in that sorta circumstance.

I don't think it's showing a lack of originality/creativity though. - you could have a few people taking a pic of something but they dont all take it at the same split second therefore the pictures are most likely different from each others.

I didnt mean the look of the camera
but like the people that shoot canon (no offence)

Some people are afraid to be black sheep. If you show a group of people (especially those we aspire to be like, in this case GOOD photographers) all doing something the same, it kinda singles you out and asks you, "Don't you wanna be like us?" Its a very powerful psychological technique. Its worked on all of us for something at one point or another. If I was going to guess, I'd say they're using this sort of strategy (though I'm no marketing guru).

Did they all have on backwards hats and vests? Cause when I think of the stereotypical photographer, he has both :)

When i see this it just makes me think that canon symbolizes uniformity and anti-creativity and makes individualism seem wrong.

It's trying to illustrate that many pro's use canon. Which would suggest it's good enough for non pro's as well.

I don't really think it symbolizes very much or says anything about the creativity or individualism of it's user.

Oh Jimmy,

Judging Canon shooters by that advertisement is no better than judging an individual photographer by the equipment they own. I expect better out of you.

Oh Jimmy,

Judging Canon shooters by that advertisement is no better than judging an individual photographer by the equipment they own. I expect better out of you.

Haha
Sorry

It was late and...

I mean I see the point of the ad and im sure its effective, but it just didnt work for me.

I've never really looked at my camera as a work of art in itself. How unique! I don't care what the stuff looks like, my lens could be pink if it took better photos than a black lens. Fortunately color doesn't matter anymore. :)

I think all cameras are like that. I can't really think of any DSLR that's branched out into looking unique other than the E-300, and that didn't really go over too well...
I wouldn't use a pink lens.

Please remeber that my comment is about Canon

Not their customers

Most reactions

Back