Do you give the copies of raw files?

He can take whatever file you give him and reconvert to .nef himself if he wants to work with flat files.

Raw fruit & veggies only - nothing else.

Maybe ask him why. Find out why he wants the Raw files or why he thinks he needs them or what he intends to do with them.

For some reasons, he wants to improve his editing and processing skills. I'll give him tiff or psd files.
Let him take photo shoots of himself or other models.

If he's a friend and you are helping him then I guess.
But not for someone who is doing a photoshoot for you for TFP or other.

I work with models often and I'm pretty up front about my methods. I take and cull and edit only those images I feel like and give jpg files to the models. I rarely allow viewing of all the files. I never give raw. That's for all TF collaborations.

Now a paying client can view all files and choose what they'd like edited. Still I don't give raw.

Exactly. I think he can take his own photos if he wants to practice editing. He doesn't need to practice on photos that you took. Nope, definitely not.

When I shoot film I sometimes just gave the unprocessed film to the person I took pictures for. They were free and I didn't have time nor willing to spend time to have them processed. In fact I gave them the film without knowing exactly what on it and I wouldn't care much how they turn out. So in such case I would give copy of the RAW files. Otherwise, I never give the RAW files.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back