Do you guys always carry your camera with you? Everywhere?

voodoocat said:
nukie said:
Dew said:
white balance
Shooting in RAW mode eliminates that problem :D

how so? RAW just means that there is no compression. The white balance is the equivilent to filters or film that is balanced for different types of light.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm quite sure that saving a photo in RAW mode lets you play with the histogram before saving it as a jpg or tif. I've not got around to playing with it on my G5 yet, so don't ask me how to do it. But yeah, it *should* work.

This is the only mention of it I could find.

the rules go something like (but dont quote me on that, at least for my cam :p) ..

6500 for outdoor sunlight/shade ...

5500 (forgot what that one's for :lol: ) .. i think its something like, very lit indoors ...

4500-4700 .. flouresent light ...

3000 indoor, not well lit .... something like that :?

and if all else fails, (which most of the time it does for me :lol: ) the curves in photoshop should do the trick :eek:

nukie said:
voodoocat said:
nukie said:
Dew said:
white balance
Shooting in RAW mode eliminates that problem :D

how so? RAW just means that there is no compression. The white balance is the equivilent to filters or film that is balanced for different types of light.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm quite sure that saving a photo in RAW mode lets you play with the histogram before saving it as a jpg or tif. I've not got around to playing with it on my G5 yet, so don't ask me how to do it. But yeah, it *should* work.

This is the only mention of it I could find.

Yeah... you are talking about the levels. You can always do that in photoshop to get a true white even if you did have compression.

I carry a camera with me almost always. Except when I am forcing myself to have photography-free time. You never know when a great image will leap up in front of you begging to be photographed.

I carry a Zeiss Ikonta C. It's a folding medium format camera from 1947. It will actually fit (tightly) in my pocket, but I usually carry it in a small bag with extra film and a meter.

KSmattfish

I bring my camera everywhere I go. Even though its big and kinda bulky, as compared to digital cams. slr Rebel.. But I tend to take it everywhere, even school just in case I get that 1 million dollar shop..

Adam

I didn't take it unless I had to, but I do now. This forum has caused me to get addicted. I am doing things just to take pictures. I almost went in a plane over the weekend just to get some arial shots, but there wasn't any charters running. Maybe next weekend......

jmherbison said:
... I almost went in a plane over the weekend just to get some arial shots, ......

I would love to do that someday. This website has amazing very cool looking aerial shots of Toronto and I said to myself one day with the right camera I could do this. It's a little too ambitious for my Olympus C730 right now.

http://www.globalairphotos.com/gallery/ON/Toronto/Downtown/2002/1

I've been carrying my camera to work everyday. So far I hadn't even taken it out of the bag. I was home today for lunch, and since I was pretty much just going back to work for about an hour, I didn't take the camera.

On my way home I pulled over and sat and watched a gigantic dust devil made of corn husks dance surreally across a field. Always take the camera.

I have been using a camers for years but talking to you all on this forum has got me off my @$$ and now I take me camers with me all the time. I have not used it yet but it is there for when I will need it.
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back