Do you hang prints of your photographs in your house?

yes and no I rent so I try not put holes in the walls

:lol: Thanks for the laugh. I used to own rental properties and I say go ahead and hang some art on your walls. I've never looked into the legal side of it because as an artist I would never expect anyone to not hang any art in their place but I doubt it would be legal to require a tenant to not hang anything.

Just use common sense about it, don't use the biggest nails sold by the hardware store... :D And, a rental place is always painted when a tenant moves out and a reasonable amount of holes in the walls is part of the job. If you're going to have a million of them, that's a bit different but then, just learn to fix them when you move out. It's not that hard.

Off topic but if it helps other renters enjoy their place more, good.

Photographer and Author Rick Sammon is promoting Nations Photo Lab:
DPE and Nations Photo Lab Present: Our Beautiful Nation Photo Contest | The Digital Photo Experience
I just ordered a free gallery wrap to try them out. You can see the code and link from tbe blog entry above. No gimmick, I just placed an order using the code which is $50 off your first order. In that past I have also recommended MPIX.

Cool just ordered an 8x10 gallery wrap. They didnt even charge me shipping :eek:

Came today and it looks great! Thanks for the tip they do really good work.

Photographer and Author Rick Sammon is promoting Nations Photo Lab:
DPE and Nations Photo Lab Present: Our Beautiful Nation Photo Contest | The Digital Photo Experience
I just ordered a free gallery wrap to try them out. You can see the code and link from tbe blog entry above. No gimmick, I just placed an order using the code which is $50 off your first order. In that past I have also recommended MPIX.

Cool just ordered an 8x10 gallery wrap. They didnt even charge me shipping :eek:

Came today and it looks great! Thanks for the tip they do really good work.

Glad you did it! I did the same, I liked the results too, and TOTALLY Free! I did forget to account for the wrap though, so my image was cropped in on the front a little tight. But, what better time to learn than from that mistake than with a free one! :)

I have plenty shots of my son, on the fridge and in various kid themed frames. I have several 16x20 prints of my landscapes (in cheap frames) hanging in my basement 'studio' area. And on my living room wall, I've got a beautiful 50x30 canvas gallery wrap of another landscape.
Canvas-01.jpg

Where did you get that Gallery Canvas Wrap from? It's gorgeous (and a gorgeous shot of course).

Not sure where he got his, but thought I would toss this out there. I know MPIX and ADORAMA does canvas wraps, but COSTCO actually does them now too. Now I know I know, you may say "Mom and Pop Print places suck" but Costco has printer profiles for download on their site and you can have them print without any auto-adjustments to your shots. I am not sure on prices, but would bet that they are a fairly decent deal to members.

Here is what their site says..

Turn your favorite digital photos into art with these stunning, professional quality canvas prints. Mix and match sizes to create your own family photo wall or give as an unforgettable gift for any occasion.
  • Gallery wrapped and ready to hang. No additional framing necessary.
  • Special Fine Art UV protective coating prevents fading and makes your photo on canvas easy to clean.
  • Ten sizes available including squares and panoramas.
Starting at $29.99

I am not a current member so I can not log in to view the entire list, but plan on joining soon. ( Family members are members and told me about this. )

I'm not confident to really hang my work in my house yet. Though my parents have a few of them hanging on their fridge from my film class.

They say my work is great, but for some reason I think they're supposed to say things like that.. :)

So far the only stuff besides family shots on my wall are some CORR trucks I shot back in 07 with the Sony DSC H5. I got these printed and took them back to the track at the next race and got them signed by the drivers. Then I gave them to my sister in law to frame. She owns a framing gallery, so I get a good discount. :mrgreen:

These are the originals. Picts of the nice framing job coming later...

Josh Baldwin
4265355066_9c5a1e7df0_b.jpg

Carl Renezeder and Scott Douglas
4052791201_562bb24b4f_b.jpg

Johnny Greaves
4052788547_420583861a_b.jpg

Scott Douglas, Johnny Greaves and Josh Baldwin
4052433355_4f21093ca1_b.jpg

So I joined Costco yesterday, and was checking out their new Canvas Gallery Wraps they offer. A 20x30 is 69.99 compared to $116.00 at Adorama and $130 at Mpix. Both UV coated, full wrap, ready to hang. Adorama specifies 1.5" frame and Costco does not specify, but the sample pics look to be similar to Adoramas. Now whether there is some difference in the printing process in terms of DPI and all of that, I am not sure.

No, for 2 reasons;

a) i cant afford my own prices

b) i would send myself insane everytime i saw something i could have done better.

Ok i lie, my house is full of my images, and now im both skint and on the verge of shooting myself due to a small reflection on the shell of a ladybird

So I joined Costco yesterday, and was checking out their new Canvas Gallery Wraps they offer. A 20x30 is 69.99 compared to $116.00 at Adorama and $130 at Mpix. Both UV coated, full wrap, ready to hang. Adorama specifies 1.5" frame and Costco does not specify, but the sample pics look to be similar to Adoramas. Now whether there is some difference in the printing process in terms of DPI and all of that, I am not sure.

My friend loves the quality (and price) of Costco. He got a gallery wrap and said it was great, I have not seen it yet but trust his judgment. We only have Sams near us, if Costco were near us I would join them for the printing, but Sam's seems good, though I have only used them for up to 8x10 and they have been good.

My friend loves the quality (and price) of Costco. He got a gallery wrap and said it was great, I have not seen it yet but trust his judgment. We only have Sams near us, if Costco were near us I would join them for the printing, but Sam's seems good, though I have only used them for up to 8x10 and they have been good.

Yeah, I pretty much joined strictly for the printing since I want to start getting some prints done and framing them for sale locally. However, I also like the gigantic slice of pizza with a soda for $2.50, and the fact that you can pretty much eat dinner there with all the free samples. Now I can spend my grocery money on a new 7D instead of groceries. HAHA.

However, I also like the gigantic slice of pizza with a soda for $2.50, and the fact that you can pretty much eat dinner there with all the free samples. Now I can spend my grocery money on a new 7D instead of groceries. HAHA.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating that you can't get out of Costco w/out spending $250, even if you only go for pizza and a soda, or if you've simply missed a decimal point and were talking about buying a slice and soda for $2.50. Either way you're spot-on!

I haven't done printing form there, might try this weekend.

:lmao:
However, I also like the gigantic slice of pizza with a soda for $2.50, and the fact that you can pretty much eat dinner there with all the free samples. Now I can spend my grocery money on a new 7D instead of groceries. HAHA.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating that you can't get out of Costco w/out spending $250, even if you only go for pizza and a soda, or if you've simply missed a decimal point and were talking about buying a slice and soda for $2.50. Either way you're spot-on!

I haven't done printing form there, might try this weekend.

very true. I don't have kids yet though so I can get out of there relatively unscathed....usually. Good thing they don't sell high end cameras ( they don't have higher than the EOS in store but they do sell the 7D online. ). Haha.

Most reactions

Back