Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I made popcorn....no, not the microwave kind, the real kind made over the stove heavily salted and topped with butter. Making that brings me right back to my childhood when my Dad made that for me and my Mom. It's instantly soothing no matter how stressful the time is at the moment. Anyone else have a food that brings comfort?

Nothing that I can think of that brings me comfort from memories....

...but ice cream and chocolate chip cookies make me awfully comfortable. :p

Actually no...I'm changing my answer to hot cocoa. No memory to go along with it....but I'm stickin with that. :p

OOO! Hot Cocoa is a good one for me, too. My Mom and I always call each other on the first snow of the season and share a cup over the phone lines. We've done that for ages, and before I moved out she would do the same with her Mom :)

Scott WRG Editor said:
Chocolate Milk is mine

Chocolate milk is the best tasting substance in the world. There is a whole industry devoted to wine tasting...I think there should be the same for chocolate milk...

Cookies

At all times, cookies

A good chateaubriand, coated with rosemary/black pepper/bread crumbs, pan-seared and oven-heated to rare, served covered with a nicely-spiced veal demi-glace -- just like the one I made last night. The wine, by the way, was Chateau Lafayette Poyferre 1999.

Torus34 said:
A good chateaubriand, coated with rosemary/black pepper/bread crumbs, pan-seared and oven-heated to rare, served covered with a nicely-spiced veal demi-glace -- just like the one I made last night. The wine, by the way, was Chateau Lafayette Poyferre 1999.

clearly, as easy and quick to make as ice cream, cookies or cotton candy

Hmm. "Food," no. "Foods," yes. They would have to include stove popcorn, ice cream, Doritos (the original flavor, not all those weird ones they have now), any of the desserts that I make for parties (includes buckeyes, lemon bars, a chocolate-butterscotch-covered variety of rice krispie things), Costco's chocolate chip cookies, and probably several more that I can't think of at the moment.

... Though in practicality since I'm watching my weight, cholesterol, and sodium intake these days so I don't have to be on medication later on in life, it's Dryer's (or Edy's if your East of the Mississippi) real-fruit strawberry ice pops. I usually have one before I go to bed at night to relax while I read the comics and news.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back