Do you have a "project"?

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...for example, I saw a poster with over 100 pictures of different chairs/seats that had been put on curbs and sidewalks around a city.

Does anyone here have a project like that, where they take pictures of lots of the same type of things (churches, birds, graffiti, or...)?

Oh yeah, and there was that guy who went around the world for years photographing people sitting on his red couch.

I have several ongoing themes in my mind and any time I come across something that meets one of those themes, I will try to take a photo. So maybe in the end I might make a collage like the one you saw on the chairs/seats.

I collect front doors.
I collect details of half-timbered buildings.

Just to name two of my "projects" that I carry with me on my mind.

My sister "does" international phone booths and letter boxes. ;)

I have an ongoing roof top's project - wherever I fond myself I'm always scanning for pictures of rood tops. It's quite nice realy. I was just in Venice this summer and got a few lovely shots there whilst visiting old buildings. You have to be a bit carefull as they don't like you taking photos inside, but as long as you are half hanging out the window, or whatever!, they usually let you get on with it.

My aunt, brother, and I all take photo's of clocks. Those big self standing 4 sided clocks. We have quite a few. :)

Im working on a calendar for my family for christmas... I am up to june now with shots from around the studio. I have gotten most of them into photography on some level so they might appreciate it ..... or not.

Don't matter they are getting one. If I can find about two or three more events I should be able to do a retro one as well. Scenes from colonial and civil war reinactments.

mysteryscribe said:
Im working on a calendar for my family for christmas

I did something similar for my family 2 years ago. I went out one morning, took a bunch of pictures, and when I had them developed I framed with black matting. They turned out really nice and inexpensive, and they're unique.

I have ideas, plenty of ideas! But so little time :(

Do I have a project? well, I do roam dartmoor for years now taking pictures of tors ;)

Also I shoot street lanterns, maily those which look nostalgic in a way. HOWEVER, this is something I do not do on purpose, but it is something I just do for over 10 years now without realising. Not really hundreds of them, but quite many as i realised when going through my old images.

After this morning it seems that I AM starting a bit of a project...

interesting/funny signs:

Mine seems to be flowers and cars right now but mainly because thats all i can take around my area as there isnt mutch of any intrest ;)

Landscape, Fast cars, Flowers.

But i like the idea of making calenders.

Any idea where i can get something like that printed?

Michael, you are on to a very funny, good collection :lol:

And Palgie, I am sure there are many places where you can get your calendars printed, since - so I would assume - you are in the States, where there is everything, and even we here in Germany have places that offer to make you calendars, coffee table books and all that. But, sorry, I cannot answer for anywhere in the States....

Palgie said:
Any idea where i can get something like that printed?

If you're in the States, places like Longs and Walgreens make calendars...I'm not sure how good they are, though. And I'm sure copy places like Kinko's will do calendars and posters.

mysteryscribe might be of some help, too.

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am actualy situated in the UK (sorry for not updating my profile).

I looked on google for quite a few hours last night, i found quite a few, but most of them did 25 prints and over which costs an arm and a leg as i only realy need about 10.

anyone know of any UK Based calender printing websites which do this or an i asking abit too mutch ??

Thanks for the help.

Palgie.

Well there are the projects where you just take pictures of certain things when you see them, and projects where you go out and cover something specific.

Right now my main project is some PJ of country vets in Iowa.

I consider all my street photography to be part of an indefinite project though I have a tendency to take pictures in Wal-Mart. A lot of the photos I'm taking recently are sort of commentary about corporations, patriotism and religion. Mostly not in a positive light.

For a few years I was working in my "Little Worlds" theme, focusing on kids off in their own little world, which ended up being a solo show. I'm having trouble getting what I want to do next off the ground as it requires posed work, and I'm having trouble with schedules and flakey models. I'm getting tired of being stood up the day of the shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back