Do you have a "project"?

I'm taking a black & white photography course right now so I always have a project going on :) The current one is "The social landscape" - still deciding on a theme though.

Hi I'm new to the site, but it seems most of the photography I do is a project, or based on a theme. The one I love and have been trying to sell prints of is 24 hours in a city. So far I've done 24hrs London, 24hrs Paris and 24hrs Sydney. One day I hope to print coffee table books for each city.
You can check out my site if you want. www.timeboundphotography.com

Danielson said:
Hi I'm new to the site, but it seems most of the photography I do is a project, or based on a theme. The one I love and have been trying to sell prints of is 24 hours in a city. So far I've done 24hrs London, 24hrs Paris and 24hrs Sydney. One day I hope to print coffee table books for each city.
You can check out my site if you want. www.timeboundphotography.com

That's an awesome idea! I love it.

I started a six Canadian cities in six months series about a month ago... I'm in Ottawa now, I've been to Toronto last month and I still have Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and London Ontario to go. Yes I know Winnipeg in February is a bad idea. :lol:

I have a few ongoing projects and a few in my head.

My ongoing ones:
Old abondoned houses and barns.
I like front doors too. But mostly of old abondoned farms houses.
'Elements' aka... the garbage that people leave in the most inappropriate places. In this project I have pictures of a dishwasher thrown in a lake. A tv on the side of an old country road, among many many others.
Once a year me and my bf take pictures in the fall. This project will only get more exciting as the years go by (it'll be exciting to look at 40 years worth)

Future projects:
Life in rural communities
The seasons (same picture taken 4 times a year and made into a big print)

I've been wanting to put something together with photo about farming. I have a few...but I'll have to work a bit to get to what I'm envisioning.

I've also been thinking of doing something will small towns and their 'claim to fame' things. Many of the small towns around here have something special...it's usually the worlds biggest _______...or something like that. A friend of mine has been collecting photos of these things...but he's no photographer. I'd like to get great images of all these things.

This year the only shooting I do is documenting the student life on my campus - mainly the events organized by the student union and whatever happens if it's graphic enough.

I don't have much time for anything else.

I have been heavily involved in the new flat track roller derby phenomenom for the past two plus years and just completed my league's first calendar where we set up tableaus and shot them. (Some are better than others). Now I think it would be really interesting to shoot pictures of the skaters at work doing their jobs and then in their uniforms. You'd be amazed by all of the different jobs the girls just in my league alone do. (Science Researcher-diabetes, Court clerk, Burlesque dancer, Stay at home moms, Event planner etc...) and we all come together and do derby. I think it would be a fun project to do....but I'd want to do it of girls all over the country and I just don't have the funds for that:(

I have projects going on all the time with my uni degree. My current one is a narrative series involving two teddies. I'll probably post it here when it's done.

We have an abandoned race track not far from where I live... hosted sports cars and stockers on a 1/3 mile oval and attached road course but closed in 1975. I've snuck onto the property about a year ago and shot a bunch of pics but didn't do anything with the pics because I didn't have permission to be on the grounds.

So my winter project now is to find out who owns the property and get permission to spend the day shooting what's left of the track (it's all still there, just badly eroded and overgrown). Further down I'd love to talk to those involved with the track's building, racing, and eventual closing perhaps to do a book or just a big magazine article or something like that.

My project at the moment is capturing lonely shoes. Some are planted, many are happened upon. I'm doing all of them in black and white with my Mamiya 645. If I can ever get an hour uninterupted at work, I'll scan my work up to this point and share some. I only have one of about 40 frames printed at this point.

Another project I've been kicking around is people's hands. I just need to gather up some different hands and get them to sit still for a moment.

I have a few....the biggest one now is my "Hat Project". I have friend who has (had ) an old ratty hat that he wears to all casual social outings. After a few too many at the annual end of the summer swimming party he went off and left it and I took it. Im carrying it around the country with me taking pictures of wide range of people in wide range of places, wearing his hat. I have about 160 pictures so far....friends -customers-waitress's in coffee shops you name it I've got it or am going to get it.
The plan is to return his hat and have the pictures loaded into slide show w/music done on windows movie or some like software.

Other projects in process are I'm shooting all the pets of customers/friends around the country. (Im a traveling salesman) I think that may end up being a calander in 08. I'm still not firm on what the end result will be....but a calander seems the most usuable idea. (something to give away to those who's pets are represented.)

Im also building a fair body of Church photo's. This isn't really a conscience project....I just find churches have the most impressive archutecter and so I've ended up with a bunch of church shots from around the US.

Mr Avid said:
I have a few....the biggest one now is my "Hat Project". I have friend who has (had ) an old ratty hat that he wears to all casual social outings. After a few too many at the annual end of the summer swimming party he went off and left it and I took it. Im carrying it around the country with me taking pictures of wide range of people in wide range of places, wearing his hat. I have about 160 pictures so far....friends -customers-waitress's in coffee shops you name it I've got it or am going to get it.
The plan is to return his hat and have the pictures loaded into slide show w/music done on windows movie or some like software.

That's a great idea! Your friend will be so surprised (he doesn't know what you're doing or that you have his hat, right?)

Right now, I'm going through my dad's old photos from when my brother, sisters, and I were kids. Then I want to scan them, PS them, and make a digital gallery or have a poster/collage made. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish by Christmas.

I think its going to turn out pretty good....for something that started out as a goof...its taken on a life of its own.
XP has a pretty good Movie Maker program....that you can turn stills into a slide show with music.....and I read about a web site last night that does the same thing...but they'll do the timing of the photos to beat of the muscic. I 'll see if I can find the link.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back