Do you have a TPF routine?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm just wondering: when you come to TPF - do you follow a special routine just so you hopefully don't miss anything?

I do.
The first thing for me to open is the UserCP, so I can see all my "subscribed threads", i.e. those that I have ever said a word in. (Well, the latest, newest, will show). I can thus see if there have been responses to my photos (;)) or responses to responses of mine.

And then I go to the "New Posts" to see what all is new.

And you?
Do you always start out in one and the same Forum, for example?
Or do you go to special forums only? Have you got a favourite forum?

I open the forum main page, get the general gallery open in one tab, off-topic in a second, and any of my Photos in a third. I then randomly search oll of it ;)
Favorite? Off Topic!!!

Hmmm...Yeah..I suppose there is...I used to go to the galleries first, but for a long time now I just don't always have time. So...now, I go to Off topic first, then my themes forum, then...whatever floats my boat.

Wedding and Portriat first, then usually OT, then the other galleries.

Chase said:
I just wander aimlessly... and venture into different areas based on the mood I'm in. I tend to enjoy the portrait and landscape forums on a regular basis. :lol:
ditto... :mrgreen:

Chase said:
I just wander aimlessly... and venture into different areas based on the mood I'm in. I tend to enjoy the portrait and landscape forums on a regular basis. :lol:

*DING DING*

If anything is new in the Alt forum, I go there, first and foremost. Same with the Darkroom. I might check out the general Q&A to see what's going on.

Then I sort of wander around. If pressed for time, I'll hit the OT area where I can just babble meaninglessly. :lol: If I have more time, it's spent in the galleries. :thumbup:

i always check out the galleries first....mainly to see if anything needs moved etc. and to view work. then i head to the admin sections to see what's up. i'll then scan the entire forum in general overview looking for issues. OT is generally the last place i check out. i perform this routine a few times a day.

the rest of the day is spent monitoring bace's threads looking for an opportunity to ban him ;) i will admit he's making it harder everyday :)

I dont really have a routine. I sort of go everywhere. Mostly in the galleries, and the odd time stop here to see what is going on.
I have the luxury of being on at work , almost all day, which is kinda cool .

JonMikal said:
i always check out the galleries first....mainly to see if anything needs moved etc. and to view work. then i head to the admin sections to see what's up. i'll then scan the entire forum in general overview looking for issues. OT is generally the last place i check out. i perform this routine a few times a day.

the rest of the day is spent monitoring bace's threads looking for an opportunity to ban him ;) i will admit he's making it harder everyday :)

I think we need to change your title to "TPF Super Cop" based on your browsing habits. :lol:

My habits are identical to our dodgy leaders. :wink:

I don't really have an order preference! I just start at the top usually in the following forums,

General photography & questions
Darkroom
Examples & How To's
Then any and all of the galleries
Then when I've exhausted all the threads I'm interested in I'll loiter in OT for a while!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back