Do you have one?

Oh dear god, no. I think our narcissism has reached critical mass. The selfie stick has finally tipped it into exponential growth.

It's just a monopod. How many of you have a monopod, huh? Huh? You vain things.

What was wrong with the ancient method of "excuse me, would you mind taking a photo"
?" :headscraratch:

Call me old-fashioned, but whenever I see someone trying to take a picture of the rest of their group without being in the photo themselves, I always offer to take a picture of them with their camera.

Oh em gee.

What was wrong with the ancient method of "excuse me, would you mind taking a photo"
?" :headscraratch:

That presumes that there will always be someone nearby to ask.

I bought my brother one of those before he rode his Harley to Sturgis last year. If there was something that struck his interest, that he wanted to be in a picture with, well, it wouldn't be an issue. He could pull over pull out his point & shoot, put it on the stick, and snap away. He didn't have to worry about someone else being in the vicinity.

When he got back, he told me that he was surprised how much use he got out of it. He's never been a fan of "selfies", but this was going to be a once in a lifetime trip for him, and he wanted to be able to get photos of him in different places along the way.

It's just another thing to avail oneself of.

Call me old-fashioned, but whenever I see someone trying to take a picture of the rest of their group without being in the photo themselves, I always offer to take a picture of them with their camera.

I do the same.

I have one. Got it for SCUBA diving

There are times when I wished I had one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back