Do you know how it feels when...

Freddeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A) You order a Fujifilm S5600 online which suddenly is out of stock but you've already paid. Still no refund has been made by the online shop...

B) You order a Nikon D40 + 18-55 lense, which also suddenly has run out of stock. The company did NOT notice you of this. They haven't received your money yet, so you have to wait for a refund until they actually receive your money...

C) Along with the Nikon D40 you have somehow ordered a Panasonic FZ7, which you probably have viewed one time at the webshop and for some weird reason has been thrown in your shopping cart as well. You only thought you ordered a D40 so you have now ordered 2 camera's. You need to send an e-mail to the company to remove 1 of the 2 camera's from the order. Now you have to wait...

D) You are 3 weeks further, still no camera, and €1000 short on your bank account thanks to those friggin companies. How do you like them apples?

Why is this? Because I got married on Friday 13th? Or is it just God playing a prank on me. To make a long story short, basically this sucks quite a bit.

I'm getting me some coffee, before I go mad... :greendev:

That's one reason I always buy camera gear from a shop, you know if it's in stock or not

what shop was it? so we can steer clear.

also, i have only had problem similar from adorama, never from bh

The S5600 was from Pixmania, the first Nikon D40 was from url=http://www.camera4all.nl]Camera4all[/url].

I've never had a problem before with online shopping though. The reason I got the D40 from the web was that I could only get the black one through the web. The silver one was easily purchasable through any shop around town, but black looks a bit sturdier. Besides, if the silver damages it leaves obvious marks. If black damages there's just black plastic below...

Although the advice is coming too late in this case, there is a site you should know about:

ResellerRatings.com

I wish you the best in getting this resolved.

Too bad there aren't any Dutch websites on it though.

Just happened to me at Sigma 4 Less. Ordered a 20mm 1.8, web site said "In Stock" ... wasn't. PayPal ponied up the cash ... order was in process but no tracking number. After a day ... the web site went down ... I finally got their number and called ... they instantly offered to refund my money (but I had to call.) I told them to hold onto the money just find me a lens. After a week they just refunded my money ... this entire time they were showing "In Stock" on their website. Every time you move money PayPal dings you ... so I got dinged twice with nuthin' to show but wasted time.

Gary

The only online stores I deal with are B&H, Autorama and Calumet. Oh, and I buy ink and paper from Midwest Photo Exchange. I have done a lot of business with these vendors and never had a lick of a problem. I dealt with 47th street once in the 80's, bad experience. Won't do that again.

I deal with NewEgg quite a bit for both personal and business. That is where I got my camera from, because I knew and trusted them. I hear a lot of good things about B&H, so that is where my lenses are probably coming from.

I deal with NewEgg quite a bit for both personal and business. That is where I got my camera from, because I knew and trusted them. I hear a lot of good things about B&H, so that is where my lenses are probably coming from.

Newegg was where I got my camera, too! First major online purchase I ever made! Still the biggest online purchase I've ever made, actually. I was quite pleased with them. :)

Hooray!! Finally the camera arrived at my place and it looks awesome. I've taken the first few snapshots, still have to figure it all out, but I love it. Guess my wife can hit the road now huh ;)

Most reactions

Back