Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is made from a recipe I developed.

P9140006.jpg

I will share the recipe if there is any interest.

I will share the recipe if there is any interest.
Looks delicious!

I always have interest in food, especially cheese and bread. :D

What kind of cheese?

Mmm! Yeah I have to watch the carbs too, but I can work it in, have to measure/watch portion size etc. so do quite a bit of freezing! the carbolicious stuff, not me.

So what's the recipe?? hope it's not too many ingredients/steps or I'm probably out! lol

I use a bread machine to make my dough for the convenience but you could use a stand mixer if you choose.

Ron's Bread Machine Cheese Bread

• 1 egg + milk to 10.5 oz, blended

• 2 tbsp. sugar

• 1.5 tsp..salt

• 3.75 cups Canadian AP flour or 4 cups USA AP flour

• 0.3 cup shredded old cheddar cheese

• 1.5 tsp. Yeast.

Measure ingredients into baking pan, insert into oven chamber, close lid.

Select dough setting & start machine.

When the machine is finished dump the dough out onto a floured surface & flatten it.

Sprinkle the surface with grated Parmesan cheese, roll up & knead thoroughly.

Divide the dough in two, knead each half & form into loaves.

Place the loaves evenly spaced sideways in a 7x10 baking pan, cover lightly & let rise until doubled in size.

Preheat the oven to 375F/190C

Brush the top of the loaves with luke-warm milk & sprinkle with shredded Cheddar.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

1. dough dumped on floured surface.
P9140001.jpg

2. dough flattened & sprinkled with grated Parmesan.
P9140002-2-Edit.jpg

3. Dough divided in half.
P9140003.jpg

4. formed into loaves.
P9140004.jpg

5. raised loves sprinkled with grated cheddar.
P9140005.jpg

6. Baked bread.
P9140006.jpg

Good set of photos showing the steps by step process. Looks like a delicious bread. Funny thing...this spring I posted some shots of loaves I baked on my Facebook pages, and those photos got a LOT of traction for me...more so than much more "exciting" things....I guess it is true-people really do LOVE homemade bread!!! This way of baking two loaves side-by-side is one I have not seen before.

Good set of photos showing the steps by step process. Looks like a delicious bread. Funny thing...this spring I posted some shots of loaves I baked on my Facebook pages, and those photos got a LOT of traction for me...more so than much more "exciting" things....I guess it is true-people really do LOVE homemade bread!!! This way of baking two loaves side-by-side is one I have not seen before.

This produces a smaller loaf which suits us being only two. We freeze one. If a larger loaf, it would get stale before it was all used.

Half a dozen ingredients, step by step photos, I can do this!

Although I had to think for a minute what Canadian AP flour was (or US for that matter), then it dawned on me, all purpose (duh!).

Thanks!

If this keeps up there should be a TPF cookbook.

Mm mm looks yummy!! Agree with vintagesnaps for a TPF cookbook [emoji3]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back