abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please, without posting;

Do you like your photography?

Do you have favorites?

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant?

Are you better now? Have you improved?

I love photography in general and I love my photography, how I have cultivated my craft over the years.

Favorite subjects are detail in flora and water. Favorite photographer is Ansel Adams. Favorite format is 6x45 film, black and white is all I shoot.

My emotions remain the same centered around specific photographs. However I will find that my interest in images I have made in the past flows and ebbs.

I would like to think that I have improved in my knowledge, technique and in actual photographs made.

I feel like every month im twice as good as the month before. And having friends who think the shots are just amazing really helps my morale.

Please, without posting;
well I'm gonna post or there would be no reply ;)

NO

Do you have favourites?
Yes

Do you feel differently when you look at favourites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistent?
in regards to what?

yes. yes

I'm not sure I'm yet to the point where I think my work is amazing. I'm far too judgemental over the work I create to ever really be happy with it. I feel like I've taken some cool photographs, and judging from the response I get from friends, I think it's pretty good.

I have favorite shots of mine, and some of the them do stay consistent. In time though, I'm sure I'll look back and think they aren't all that good. It's all about progression for me, I think that's what makes photography exciting. I'm constantly learning new things and challenging myself.

I have certainly improved, and I will continue to improve.

In a word - yes. I like doing my photography, I like going out and getting the shots and comming back and finding out if what I did was worth anything. If I did not like it I would not do it ;)
That said I do feel that there is a very long way for me to improve upon what I have shot

Do you have favorites?
Definatly!

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant?
Sometimes there is a shot I like (often for technical quality) which I will come not to like as much in time as my technical quality improves and I get another better technical shot of the subject. However some shots I will always like - often these are the ones where they show some image of living and life rather than just a profil - other times its when I get the "first" of something good (even if its rubbish the first shot of something wild that you have been after getting is still worth it!)

I started in Christmas time and since then I have definatly improved a lot, however I know there is still a long way to go - so off I go along it!

i blow my own mind sometimes. i'm the goat.

There are times when I feel fantastic about my work; there are other times when I become overly self-critical and notice one little spot where things were just the tiniest bit off. To that end, I assuredly have some favorite shots, and know that every time I get out there I do a bit better than the time before.

My keeper percentage is increasing.

However, just recently I trashed entire sessions because I know I could've done better.

Perhaps I drink too much.

I have fun when a camera is in my hand.

Recently I have started a Photo Friday at work with my colleagues via e-mail. We're mostly remote employees *read work at home* spread all over the states. I'm getting some fantastic feedback from them. I have no idea of their photo knowledge, but one girl is a painter and asked if she could use some of my photos to put to canvas. I guess that's good and made me smile.

Do you like your photography? Most of the time and I like photographing when it's going well, it can almost be erotic:blushing: can/should I say that:lol:.

Do you have favorites? Yes, mostly landscape & travel type, do have some nice baseball & wakeboard too

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant? When I look at enlargement consistant, but I only print and keep out if I like them.

Are you better now? Have you improved? No/Maybe, got lost of bad habits, very bad with lighting, very heavy shooter with sports, always forget the sun block paying for that now, Improvements: Don’t fell I have mush with shot, Photoshop is getting better but very slow

I hate my photography, but enjoy taking photos.

Even though I hate my work, it has improved since I started last year, so that's been exciting to watch. I'm taking a class right now and it's quite fun.

My personal favorites change week by week, but I've never loved a single photo I've taken.

Do you like your photography? - Usually though I feel it could be better a lot of the time and often delete.

Do you have favorites? Yes

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant? Well I like the favorites probably more than others I've taken lol I can still find faults with a favorite though if I start looking hard enough

Are you better now? Have you improved? I hope so ;) Plus my PP skills are getting a little better now I think :)

I usually find that I'm psyched about my shots right after I take them but after working on them in post for awhile that excitement fades quickly. Probably just from staring at it long enough and noticing every little flaw.

I also find that if I revisit folders that I shot a month or two ago, I get that original excitement back and realize there are more keepers than I originally though.

Do you like your photography? No...

Do you have favorites? Yes...

Do you feel differently when you look at favorites photos you've taken, or are your feelings consistant? they are consistant, Utter amazment, "Dispite how many flaws and problems I see, it's still one of my best" is the thought.

Are you better now? Have you improved? Yes and no, A few years ago I could photograph a small dent in a white car..I can't do that any more, but I can photograph things like apriture blades, lens fungus, Buttons on a handheld gaming device, and periodic anthromorphs, and cityscapes. Things I just really could not do before.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back