Do you passionately love your job?

Lula said:
I like my job but i dont like my boss :pissed: :angry1:

That is a big part of job satisfaction. Your boss and other people you have to interact with; customers, coworkers etc.

I had a great job with a crane company. The work was exactly what I want to be doing, the office was new and even had a work out gym. Pay was pretty good too. The problem was with the people. The president ran the place like a dictator, with fear as incentive. The managers then tried to shift that to the office staff.

They made it seem so good. They took the employees on "team building" get-a-ways but they used them to loosen up the employees and find out what they really thought.

The worst part was that the management were ignorant to quite a few things. They were trying to be high tech but they would not let the employees have e-mail access because they thought that we would e-mail away all the files. Internet was out of the question. The people that actually stuck around in that environment were very prone to gossip & office politics.

I should have just quit but instead I just came in hungover every day until they fired me. :D

What can I say? I have a great job with decent pay and benefits. Not crazy about the shift work but that's a small concession. I work as a paramedic in a relativley large city in a challenging part of town. There's always something to learn. ( I still finish a lot of calls thinking I'm a complete moron) Some days are pretty relaxed and others scare the hell out of me. Like I said, great job!

AlisonS said:
What kind of teaching would you like to do, Ferny?
Junior School, 7-11. It's when you have the most influence on them and I can teach them not to do the stuff that I've done and not done. I wouldn't want to teach older kids. Too smelly and annoying. Some of the older kids where I am now need a good slap to get them into order. It's only a small handful, but you can see who has crap parents which let them get away with murder.

I have to be honest and say that I really love my job (though I've only been doing it for 4 months so all may yet change). I really get a kick out of the intellectual stimulation, which I guess makes me pretty lucky. That said, I'm also very glad to have my photography. It gives me the creative outlet that my job does not. I find the two to be very complimentary.

I'm pretty much over the medical field, generally speaking, but I don't mind medical management. I'm used to it, I do it well, the pay is good, etc.

All that said, going part-time to spend more time on my photography will be sweet when that day comes. :D

I don't really want my photography to pay all my bills....I'm afraid it will change how I feel about it. I never want to hustle my work.

I HATE my dead end , pen-pushing job ... and I feel like an eijitt for settling for it and not getting myself any further education :|

I started with this small company when I was 21 and the bosses pretty much made/make me feel smaller then an ant and useless , on a daily basis.
After a while , the self esteem was pretty low ( as far as job-wise ).
I totally take responsibility for not upping and leaving. Alas , I didnt leave , for a few reasons which I wont go into.
A few customers have actually taken time out to call me and tell me how much of a great service I provided , how impressed they were with it etc. One came in personally , looked me in the eye and said " Darl , get OUT of here , YESTERDAY ! ".
So hearing good feedback from ppl , also hearing ppl who say that I'm goin to waste there ...well it is refreshing and wonderfullllll.

When I'm in Canada ( if visa comes thru ) I'm going to have to seriously think of going back to school and getting some qualifications.
I left high school with like 4 mths left to go until graduation , which was utterly silly because I was an A+ student throughout school.
So going back to school is something I need to do.

To study what though , I dont know ....

Last night I was lookin at George Brown College in Toronto , at their photography certificate. With the view of starting my own business one day but , going off what I've read so far here , it doesnt seem like it brings in much :confused:

Eeek , I've written an essay here :LOL: ... but its a subject that has been on my mind a lot so ....

[/rant]

I've never thought of you as stupid, I can say that much.
I've a feeling you'd be great in something that involved caring for others at some level.

Thank you Ferny.:hug:
I know that I'm not stupid :)...but when ya go to work every mornin and thats the first thing ya made to feel , it can wear ya down after awhile.

I guess it comes down to finding something that the individual is both good at AND passionate about. The two go hand in hand.

It would be great to work with kids or animals in some way.
Would actually LOVE to work with dolphins in some way ( preservation , study of etc ).
For that I'd need to study hard ( marine biology etc ).
Hmmmm.

Well, I love my job (middle school choir director/grades 6-8/ages 11-14). I can't imagine doing anything else.

The pay, of course, is not that great. I work very long hours sometimes: preparing students for competitions, giving up Saturdays for meetings and contests, and staying late just to keep up with all the paperwork that goes with a music program. Some days it is very frustrating and stressful. Burnout is very common among choir and band directors.

Even after all that, it is worth it when the kids get excited about music and feel the joy of a group performance. And I'm very lucky to be at a school that is very supportive and to be in a school district that is VERY supportive. It makes all the difference.

Nope! I currently play with veggies all day. But I'm sorta somewhat laid off...soo..i REALLY hate my job now! They're pissing me off.

Filtering Cottonseed oil, scraping burn't batter off vat walls, hot oil splattering on my skin, 2nd degree burns...

I lurve my job :roll:

Luminosity said:
I HATE my dead end , pen-pushing job ... and I feel like an eijitt for settling for it and not getting myself any further education :|

I started with this small company when I was 21 and the bosses pretty much made/make me feel smaller then an ant and useless , on a daily basis. [/rant]

People like that make me so angry :angry1:

We know you are great. Don't let them get you down :hug:

Most reactions

Back