do you take your camera with you everywhere you go?

I carry two cameras at all times an old nikon n2000 and either my digital or my old graflex rangefinder. It's even worse when I go on vacation.
Help Me!

I don't take mine everywhere I go, but I can't even count the times that I wish I had my camera. Problem is I can't take it into work and don't like to leave it in the extereme elements of the car all day.

carlita said:
how often does that happen to you, or are you and your camera inseparable?

Geez... If I were to count how many times I wish I had the camera with me, I'd be counting until tomorrow morning!

However, when I travel I always carry my cameras loaded and ready to go, I also carry a smaller loaded camera, as a spare. I used to shoot with an Olympux XA11, pretty compact and useful. That's been replaced by a Canon Elph, a PHd camera ('Push Here, dummy!'). On hard hikes or climbs I carry only the smaller one, usually the Elph.

So, until the ideal inflatable large or medium format camera is developed I will carry one of them little ones with me. I am thinking of getting a small Digital camera, around 3Mpixels, just in case I forget the film for the Elph... :D

When I got my first digital camera, it was also the first camera I had that was small enough to fit in my pocket or on my belt. From that time on, I've carried that camera around with me about 80% of the time I head out that front door. I guess it depends on my mood.... I tell you one thing, some of my best shots are with that tiny wonder. Its small size and the fact that I am willing to carry it with me outweighs its lack of zoom.

I take my Lomo LC-A everywere, a little russian rangefinder with an excellent long exposure modus. Great results when I'm taking a big walk at night.

sometimes I'm driving at the highway in the morning and see the most delicious sunrises (Holland has the greatest!). then I park my car and click like a madman.

I always stick my 10d in my work bag, just in case...there is always something everyday that I see and want to capture. I don't always stop to do it, but I think about it alright. :D

I've also got a casio exilim (that thing is tiny, about the size of a credit card, and about a half inch deep), which i take with me almost everywhere. the quality is not great, but its fun to grab candid snapshots with. I call it my "ninja cam".

Canon IXUS, that's my little ever ready camera. You can stuff it in your pocket and take it to places you would not take your SLR gear. With features like panoramic view which more than make up for lack of zoom etc. Recentley went to Paris for a few days and it was the only camera I took.

What people say about not taking their camera out with them because of it being too big reminds me of what’s said about telescopes.. “your best scope is the one you’ll use”. If your cheapie scope is small and easy to setup you’ll use it a lot more than the 12” reflector that requires straining your back to set it up!

my wife says that my crumpler bag with my camera in it is my purse, since it's with me almost all the time...whenever we head out the door, she always says "don't forget your purse!".

:)

the chances for an amazing photo are exponentially greater when you have no camera. if you are alone in a car, running late, the most beautiful sunset will fall, or a family of deer will be seen across the road. but if and only if you can not possibly take the shot.

MuffinJuice said:
the chances for an amazing photo are exponentially greater when you have no camera. if you are alone in a car, running late, the most beautiful sunset will fall, or a family of deer will be seen across the road. but if and only if you can not possibly take the shot.

Now isn't that the absolute truth!

MuffinJuice said:

Been there.....Seen that......Didnt get a picture of it. :0).

Makes me wonder if carrying a camera on you 24/7 is worth while, odds are you wont see those beautiful shots anymore, hehe.

GerryDavid said:
Makes me wonder if carrying a camera on you 24/7 is worth while, odds are you wont see those beautiful shots anymore, hehe.

The likelihood is you would probably spend so much time looking for them that they would slip right by while you stared in the other direction.... I firmly believe the best shots come from the ones that you are not looking for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back