do you take your camera with you everywhere you go?

on the walk home from a friends house last night i was crossing the road that goes to the ferry dock (a dead end) and a great big city snow plow/sander drove by in a big cloud of snow around it. i had b/w film in my camera and i just watched it go by, only realising it wouold be a super shot, after it drove past. so i did the only thing i could do, waited for about 20 minutes for it to turn around at the ferry port and come back my way !! haha. i got a great shot of it too ! so i guess its only worth taking your camera if you remeber to use it !!

Last spring, I got up one morning and went out to my back porch to smoke. As I was sitting there I saw a mother cardnal and her young land on the ground about 15 feet away from me.

The mother starting feeding the young one it was so cool. As I sat there watching the two of them, I thought to myself "Aww that would make a really great......SON OF A B___H!!!!! :evil: "

So I just went back to smoking and reflected on my many prize winning photos that got away.

i have my 10d with me 24/7, my back pack is with me all day, if i see something interesting, my baby comes out of the bag and i am ready to go.

I so badly want to get in the habit of carrying my camera with me at all times--I don't know why I leave it at home so often, it seems whenever I labour over the decision of whether to take it or not, murphy's law interferes and I either miss a great shot (or several) if I leave my camera at home, or no opportunities arise (if I bring it)

For one thing, I am a paranoid freak about my camera being stolen (my car has been broken into twice!!!) so I always think twice when I want to drive somewhere with my camera, whether I will be doing anything that requires me to leave the camera in the car--if my camera was stolen, I would die!!!

Maybe I just need a smaller camera???

Alia said:
I so badly want to get in the habit of carrying my camera with me at all times--I don't know why I leave it at home so often, it seems whenever I labour over the decision of whether to take it or not, murphy's law interferes and I either miss a great shot (or several) if I leave my camera at home, or no opportunities arise (if I bring it)

For one thing, I am a paranoid freak about my camera being stolen (my car has been broken into twice!!!) so I always think twice when I want to drive somewhere with my camera, whether I will be doing anything that requires me to leave the camera in the car--if my camera was stolen, I would die!!!

Maybe I just need a smaller camera???

I suggest you buy a nice lil digital camera or film camera that you can keep on you and if you do loose it, at least the film one, no big loss, cept for whats already on the roll. :0) And with the case of the small digital camera, keep it on your belt? :0)

Tonight there was a BEAUTIFUL sunset, and guess hwo many pictures I got of it? ZERO. :0). Started off with a nice arrangement of clouds that you could tell were going to be light up nice and the sun near the horizon, and I could ahve gone home and got my camera and tripod and gotten some nice pictures but then I didnt really think it was worth it cuz of the cold, and I need a new spot to take pictures from. The park is boring now where I always go. Then about 45 minutes later I had to go to the grocery store to get some buns for supper and the sky/clouds was different shades of red, and each minute it was a different arrangement of colors.

Times like that I wish I had a small digital camera like the canon elph, something that lets me expose it for a few seconds at least *doesnt know if the elph does that or not*, but for now a new elph is out of my price range. :0).

Most reactions

Back