Do you think this is a scam?

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found the job on myspace.com jobs. www.foractivewear.com is the only site she'd give me for proof it's rela and it doesn't have any contacts, logos, nor information about modelling.

November 24, 2006

Professional Super Model Agreement

Congratulations Michelle and Parents on your selection as a Model for Worldwide, of 13010 Morris Road , Regus Building One, 6th Floor, Alpharetta , Georgia 30004

Recruiter : Tina Wyatt
Yahoo IM : tina.wyatt
Phone # : (724) 763-2404

Phone calls are available to talk directly to your modeling recruiter upon request, and MUST be of a matter which cannot be easily discussed through email or IM. Please let me know when you would like to call so I can be available.

This is a Non-Exclusive Agreement in which model may model for other companies.

Model will gain Experience, Exposure and Earnings guaranteed to be published on at least 52 different and unique professional Catalog Ads featured in over 1,000 Top Cities from around the globe in various city news locations. This will give the model 52 print credits which will be priceless to show experience on a model's resume. A model is not penalized for not doing all 52 assignments.

Model will get paid weekly for doing weekly modeling assignments posing for Catalog Ads to help promote activewear and affiliates stores such as: Target™, Walmart™, Macys™ to name a few. Model is guaranteed to model for 52 weekly modeling print assignments. Model can do as little or as many of the 52 Modeling Assignments that they prefer.

Model will have his/her catalog ad sites promoted in the top Modeling Magazine in the world, Supermodels UNLIMITED Magazine™ (We encourage you to visit their site at: supermodelsunlimited.com) The Magazine is available at: Newstands, Amazon.com, major bookstores including B. Dalton, Borders, Books-A-Million and Barnes and Noble, college bookstores and libraries, modeling agencies and schools, boutiques and salons, apparel markets, major fashion events, including Fashion Week in Los Angeles and New York, modeling and talent competitions, bridal and pageant stores, dance and photographer studios and more.

Model is paid through Paypal weekly. Model earns Gross Revenue Shares (Royalties) of a share of the 85% of the profit generated by all catalog ads. This can range from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars per week for a minimal of one hour per week of modeling. Models are also paid 85% of the profit from their individual catalog fashion ads.

She would not give me A

All Assignments are conducted right in each model's hometown area at their convenience. Model may attend the weekly shoots in Alpharetta , Ga. , or Worldwide will provide a digital camera for the model to use at their own location. These are all freelance outdoor type shots that any digital camera will be professional as images can be erased and re shot easily. These are not glamour type shots and no professional photographer is required. There is no charge for the camera nor photo shoots.

Throughout the course of the 52 week assignments, models will receive $289.00 Retail Value of fashions/fashion accessories to model and keep. These can be from our catalog of active wear and can include Old Navy and Gap clothes.

Models must pay a one time security deposit of $289.00 made payable by Check or Money Order to Worldwide. Or, a model may pay the security deposit by any major credit card at: http://www.shop.iBureau.biz If model can not pay the $289.00 security deposit in full right away, model may make a first payment of $50.00 to reserve position with the balance paid within 30 days or auto debited if not paid. Model agrees that there are no refunds except through our Money Back Guarantee Policy which states: "Model has guaranteed to model a minimum of (12) assignments one per month for one full year for Worldwide by showing a commitment of $289.00 Security Deposit which is guaranteed paid back through the Monthly Gross Revenue Share stated above only. Any bad checks, charge backs will be considered theft and subject to lawsuit after signing this agreement." Model has (5) days to sign or position will be forfeited. (Model has been guaranteed (52) weekly assignments with (52) weeks of earnings, but has to do a minimum of one per month or forfeit security deposit. This security deposit also protects Worldwide from models receiving fashions and digital camera to model and then stealing them.)

Note: Models can not lose their $289.00 Security Deposit. It is not a fee. It is guaranteed to be returned to model through the Gross Revenue Share Plan above. Models are guaranteed earnings every week they work no matter how many sales occur from their individual catalog ads.

Please PRINT and Sign your Signature and return the two pages of the contract within (5) days from receipt. You MUST copy and paste and E-mail to us at: tina.wyatt@ yahoo.com and Fax to: 678-827-0621

Model Name_________________________Age___M or Female Shirt Size________________
Street_____________________________City________________State_____Zip___________
Phone___________________________E-Mail______________________________________
Model Signature or Guardian if under 18 yrs.___________________________Date Signed_____
Rectuiter Email : [email protected]

Worldwide Signature Reggie Gross, President Recruiters E-mail:

References Available Upon Request: [email protected]

· Worldwide is a Christian Family Owned Company that maintains the highest ethical, moral and professional standards at all times. This is a WIN/Win Modeling Agreement with 30 years of experience in ownership and offers an aspiring model the most legitimate guaranteed approach to modeling success. God Speed to your Success, Health and Happiness, Reggie, President
·
IMPORTANT! You have been selected by one of our top Professional Model Recruiters who spend countless hours helping find you the most legitimate modeling opportunities in the world today. Please take time and E-mail your Model Recruiter and say thanks for his/her efforts!

If you need a Free Professional Flash Website Portfolio valued at $995.00, by signing this agreement, and contacting your Model Recruiter, the price has been reduced to $25.00.

We offer our models a nice Sign-up Bonus, a $1,000 Shopping Spree of Free Gifts! Model only pays a small processing fee. Please contact your Model Recruiter for the website to view the Free Gifts. This will certainly help you with your Christmas Shopping needs.

Our models can also get major discounts at over 2,000 of our top affiliate stores. You may contact [email protected] and request your discounts upon signing this agreement. This will also help you save big during this Holiday Season.

God Speed to your Success, Health and Happiness,

Reggie and the Staff of Worldwide

Your Model Recruiter is: Tina Wyatt

WORLDWIDE

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I found the job on myspace.com jobs. www.foractivewear.com is the only site she'd give me for proof it's rela and it doesn't have any contacts, logos, nor information about modelling. Old Navy and Gap sites do not mention this either.

Do your research...contact reputable modeling agencies and ask questions! Also, I believe any agency asking for money up front is a good sign of a scam. If they were serious about representing you, they would pay , at first anyway. I am relieved to hear you are being cautious...stay that way!
Best wishes and the best of luck to you!

Hehe, funny that you replied now cause I was just replying to a topic of yours too. :D

I also googled it and nothing came up. I'm planning to emailed Old Navy and Gap Inc about it.

Alright, thanks guys. =)

Michael Humle said:
Also, I believe any agency asking for money up front is a good sign of a scam.

Yep. This is what you would call a tell tale sign...(google 'model agency scam')

(btw: she's using a yahoo-account. I don't think any professional would ever use that).

pascal

Paying someone for the privilege of working for them seems like a bad idea to me. Sounds to me like you send them $300 and if they use you, you might get some of it back.

One of the biggest rules of thumb in determining a scam.....if you have to pay money to get something 'free' or if you have to pay for a job that's offered...it's a scam.

Kinda like the phone calls I get telling me I've qualified for a US Grant, all I have to do is pay a $300 fee first.

Absolutley a scam, like Puscas pointed out, what kind of professional would have their primary contact methods through Yahoo Mail and Yahoo IM? A true pro wouldn't have these and probably wouldn't use Myspace for advertising.

[SIZE=+2]Success![/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Complaint Accepted. Thank you for your input.[/SIZE]
How Did the Company Initially Contact You?:E-mail How Much Did the Company Ask You to Pay?:289.00 How Much Did You Actually Pay the Company?:None How Did You Pay the Company?:Unknown Did You File a Dispute with the Credit Bureau?:N Did You File a Dispute with the Credit Bureau More Than 45 Days Ago?:N First NameTina Last Name:Wyatt Date Company Contacted You:11/24/06 (MM/DD/YYYY) Explain Your Problem: (Please limit your complaint to 2000 characters.):I was looking to start a modelling career, and so I looked on myspace jobs. After research, I realized this was a scam. And someone suggested I report it. ((http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65056))

That forum has the information that was sent to me, and it expresses the opinions of several other people.

People like this should be stopped!

Sthvtsh...I edited your post to omit the personal data (address, phone, etc). Remember this is a public forum, anyone can read information that is posted here.

Alison said:
Sthvtsh...I edited your post to omit the personal data (address, phone, etc). Remember this is a public forum, anyone can read information that is posted here.

I thought Chase did. o_O;

Either way, thank you. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back