Do you think this is Legit???

Big Bully

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this email on my myspace page, and I was wondering what you guys think about it. The guy is one of my "friends" on my myspace, aka added today and then sent me this letter.. What do you think?

Hi Meg !

I am a photographer and Model Scout contracted from time to time by different agencies throughout the Modeling and Fashion industries, to look for prospective amateur model talent; you know, “ THAT FRESH NEW FACE … “

The reason I am contacting YOU now is, I was approached by a couple of modeling agency reps I used to work for in the past. They saw your pic on my " myspace " page as one of my friends, and liked your look. Since the agencies are based out of state, they asked me if I could arrange a basic photo shoot with you and put together an e-folio ( small “ electronic portfolio “ ) and submit it for evaluation to their board of constituents . Should you be chosen after the final e-folio evaluation, this could be the start of a fabulous and rewarding new career for you ! By agreeing to do this photo session with me ( The Photo Guy ) now, you already have one foot in the door … interested in proceeding?

This is a fantastic opportunity, especially considering our economy right now. The best part, doing a basic modeling session with me will cost you absolutely nothing … IT’S TOTALLY FREE !!! So come on, really, what do you have to lose? If you have ever considered modeling at all, now is your chance to find out what it could be like, and at no charge to you.

I just wanted to let you know this opportunity has presented itself. Call me @ ( 208 ) 421 - 0699 and schedule an appointment with me for either Friday the 3rd or Saturday the 4th of April. This offer absolutely expires on the 4th of April/by 12 Noon - unless rescheduled due to weather. That is MY deadline established by the requesting agencies. If I am not in or am busy at the time of your call, please leave a message and I will get back to you right away.

I have been asked NOT TO DISCLOSE the agencies names as they would like to review the submitted e-folio first, then, if you are selected as a finalist, they will call you directly with the results and you can ask any questions you may have, then. I can assure you, these are reputable agencies that I do model scouting for and are listed in many magazines that you have probably already read at one time or another. They all deal with glamour & fashion and are very tastefully done.

I will not sacrifice my own integrity or reputation to work for a less than reputable company – so you never have to worry about that. Feel free to bring a friend with you to the photo shoot if this makes you feel more comfortable ( they might just get lucky too ! ), and I will come to your town to do the photo session unless previous arrangements have been made. Around town, downtown, and your local park are always good places to start. We’ll continue from there.

You are required to select your own wardrobe and do your own hair and makeup for this session. If I am given a theme for the shoot, I will pass that information on to you so you can dress accordingly. No stylist will be available at this shoot. Dress is usually casual unless otherwise specified. No need to go crazy … just be yourself. I DO NOT PAY YOU in cash for this session however, you will receive 10 fabulous high resolution digital images of your session as compensation for your time, as stated on the model release form you will be signing. Your e-folio will also be posted on my website which will increase your visibility to the entire industry and they may contact you directly from your own personal My Space page, since you are linked to me as one of my “ friends “. I am consistently networking within the model and fashion industries.

Regular e-folio updates with me also ensures that your own images will remain fresh, exciting, and new, as agencies often frequent my website looking for new faces and new looks. If chosen by an agency, the agency(s) that hires you will start paying you from the first day you start working for them.

Don’t wait … RSVP today !

No. My gf is a model and she gets these 'offers' occasionally. I don't know what the scam is, but it's not legit.

I got this email on my myspace page, and I was wondering what you guys think about it. The guy is one of my "friends" on my myspace, aka added today and then sent me this letter.. What do you think?

Hi Meg !

[...]

The reason I am contacting YOU now is, I was approached by a couple of modeling agency reps I used to work for in the past. They saw your pic on my " myspace " page as one of my friends, and liked your look.
[...]

Seems kinda odd that they 'noticed' you the same day he added you as a friend.

It sounds like a scam to me, but I don't really see how they plan on ripping you off...

Nice... I love to model as much as I love to take photos. But I was really iffy about this.

It probably wouldn't hurt to still call the guy. If anything, just to find out how this scam (if it is one) works...

If they ask for account numbers or anything, run away - obviously.

Well I found it interesting, he was emailing me and asking me if I wanted to do this photo shoot. But once I told him that I would have to talk to my husband about it, he hasn't written back...
Does that seem odd to you?!

Ok well then.. I am an object of a scam.. That boosts my ego.. hahaha

Well I found it interesting, he was emailing me and asking me if I wanted to do this photo shoot. But once I told him that I would have to talk to my husband about it, he hasn't written back...
Does that seem odd to you?!

You're married? Well then I also do not want to take pictures of you... nude or not.. and you can't make me! LOL

Well, at least now I think you discovered what the scam was, huh? The guy was "hunting", just not for models. Sad and no wonder some models are so leary of photographers... and with good reason!

Yeah got to love myspace for scammers. I get tons of people trying to add me as friends and, they usually have something to offer me. Many of them are bands trying to get me to come to the local theater to see them. Yeah right dude.

Some kind of scam on the lewd side of things - if he doesn't have some kind of work to display, I wouldn't work for him. Considering you don't know squat going in and have no way to verify anything that he says, worst case I'd think would be a sexual predator.

MySpace...... That thing still runnin? :er:

Yaaaa that's not sounding too legit. Don't fall for that sh%t... :thumbdown:

You're married? Well then I also do not want to take pictures of you... nude or not.. and you can't make me! LOL

Well, at least now I think you discovered what the scam was, huh? The guy was "hunting", just not for models. Sad and no wonder some models are so leary of photographers... and with good reason!

Well too bad... You are going to take the pictures if you want to or not! I won't leave til you do!:whip::lol:
My husband doesn't mind people taking pictures, it is just the ones that want something "else" that he is concerned about. lol

Most reactions

Back