Do you think this is necessary....?

I did a scan on my Microtek of an old picture to fix it up for an aging relative (wow, did it work out well).

However the single image was 352Mb, and I have to tell you, it was a pleasure to work with such a level of quality. Rotating the image took a little more time than expected, however.....

www.jefferyraymond.com

fadingaway1986 said:
Kinda like the people who ...

I had one guy the other day ...

I also had another lady get ****ty because ...

:lol: Ahhh, takes me back to when I worked in a photo lab. It was a full service lab, that catered to the local pros, and the university, as well as folks off the street. As bad as regular people can be, professors, artists, and professional photogs are the worst.

I had a professor chew me out because she claimed that we had sliced her film into little strips. She got a 35mm contact sheet, cut and in the typical clear neg holder sheet from a photographer, and had us make a contact sheet. When she picked it up she became irate, and threatened to sue, because we had "damaged" the film, and she needed to return it to the photographer. She claimed the film was in a solid 8"x10" piece when she brought it in. It was like she had never seen 35mm film before. I finally told her just to give it back to the photographer, and they could call us if there was a problem.

I had a pro photographer who bulk loaded E6 in C41 cannisters. Not bulk loading cannisters, but previously used one-time-use cannisters from Fuji color neg film. He just dropped off the film, and asked when it would be ready. He didn't say anything about it being E6, so we ran it through the C41 machine. We figured it out after the first 2 rolls came out all wacky, but it was important vacation photos, so we caught hell, because we weren't mind readers.

The photography professors up at the university would tell Photo 101 students that their newly purchased Canon Rebel 2000s were broken, because the profs were used to pre 1990s SLRs, and couldn't figure out where to set shutter and aperture. They'd send the students back to us, and we'd teach them how to operate the camera, read the meter, etc...

And artists, sheesh, they spend all the time and money in the world on a piece of their work, but they don't want to spend anything to get a decent slide made.

haha. The brother in law of one of our ex-employees came in a few weeks ago and dropped off a disposable camera... He came back a week later to pick it up... and there were two photos on there. Obviously taken inside without flash - so there was virtually nothing we could do with them. One of the other girls served him, and we know him, so generally for that you would get charged $4 (developing & cost of prints)... But we charged him reprint prices 47c each because we knew he would kick up if we charged him $4.

But anyway - he started claiming we stole his photos. We pulled out the negatives and showed him there was nothing there. So then he started claiming we had wiped them off the negatives!

So he went to the service desk and asked for a manager, the girl at the service desk fought with him (lol) and he yelled at her and started getting abusive, so we called a manager and told him to get down here right now.

So he and the manager fought. I should add at this stage, when they put them in the wife told me there would only be a couple of photos on there. And when we told them there were only two photos, she was like "yup, that'd be right"... And when the manager came down, they were at the front of the store and there was a table and chair setting there (I work in a department store) and the wife was sitting on a chair with her head in her hands shaking her head...

Anyway the manager came over to talk to us, and kinda suggested it could be our fault (which, he saw a not nice side of me then, i was not being blamed for this moron)...

Manager ended up giving him another free disposable camera (I made sure he got another one without flash. lol)

I hate the idiots around here.

oops. by around, i didn't mean in here. I mean in my town/city/whatever

I suppose thats what happens when you live in a poorer place. You get morons who don't know what they are talking about

Most reactions

New Topics

Back