Do you usually offer?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photo 'collages?'
I have been paying attention to people's framed photos in their homes. THe ones they had gotten form say, department stores. And I see a lot of them have ordered those 8by10's that contain pictures within a picture.
I happen to know from the past when those studios were my only option for prof. photographs that those things are not included in any package price - meaning the parents paid extra, usually a lot extra compared to what a sheey costs in those places. So that tells me they must like those.

I played with some pics to see if I can do it but do you guys offer that? Is it much more for those if you do? And any suggestions on a better way to do them? I know this doens't work too well.. and these pics are old - but I don't know if you guys understand what I mean, so - example:
merged-1.jpg

I do understand what you mean. I have several collages that I created in Photoshop. They are not the picture in picture like yours, or the ones in the chain store advertisements though. Mine are seperate images within an 8x10, 8x16, 10x10, 20x20, etc. I do a 9-grid, 4 grid, ect. Like baby parts, or just close ups of faces ect.

Like you said, they are not included in a package order and they are specialty prints. I charge 40-50% more for a 10x10 collage than a normal 8x10 or 10x10 print and have sold several in the past.

I've seen alot of Pro site that do that as well and they have samples shown in a few.

I am planning to offer something like StellarGal was talking about. I haven't offered them in the past, but am planning to add them soon.
I am going to offer anything from just two photos up to around 10 or so.
I think people would like them because they can get "more bang for their buck" so to speak even though they pay more for them, they get more images that they can have in one frame.

Oh thanks guys. I think I might try a few different things too.
I think you are right April about more for their money. I think also that they like the fact that there are more than one in the frame so they can display more than one at a time and don't have to find somewhere to show all the ones they like in separate places.

Most reactions

Back