Document Photography

Are you saying that in 5 months you've done nothing on your own towards finding out what equipment will work for you.

LoL yes I use my current machines but they are not fast enough and not clear enough when I take fast photos.

you may want to list out your current equipment
exactly the specifications that you need in the new equipment including price, size requirements for the equipment and what you will be copying, etc. - more information is better than less.

Then I'm sure a search of the internet may bring something up dependent upon your requirements.

All we know is fast, clear and portable to fit in a bag.
Which you can find battery powered scanners that can fit into a bag, such as ==> 8 Great Portable Scanners PCMag.com

Do not you still have any advice for me to take photos of documents so fast and clear, and ofcourse not a heavy machine ? I'm waiting for you for 5 months.

Have you actually read the responses to your original post. Your question has been addressed.

you may want to list out your current equipment
exactly the specifications that you need in the new equipment including price, size requirements for the equipment and what you will be copying, etc. - more information is better than less.

Then I'm sure a search of the internet may bring something up dependent upon your requirements.

All we know is fast, clear and portable to fit in a bag.
Which you can find battery powered scanners that can fit into a bag, such as ==> 8 Great Portable Scanners PCMag.com

Hi, currently I use two Sony photo machines for document photograpy, both is 16.1 megapixels, like this one >>> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/614wrPXlDpL._SL1200_.jpg

and one Samsung but I dont know its megapixel size.

All of these machines are not enough for me because I ve to take photos as quick as possible in the government departments and it have to be clear so much, even the smallest details must be able to read, as well as small and light enough to fit in my bag.

Years ago, I used an Omega D-2 enlarger's baseboard and column and the negative stage's mounting arms. I removed the lamp housing, and the lens mounting stage, the negative carrier, and the lens. Basically, all that remained were the two "arms" that extended from the column, and on which the majority of the enlarger was built. In between those two arms, a Nikon F3 camera fit PERFECTLY!!!! And I mean perfectly! It made a fabulous copy stand! I did a fair amount of copy work on that. Perhaps a smaller, 35mm-only enlarger could be converted. The beauty of an enlarger is that it positions the lens so that the center of the field is centered on the baseboard below. Many smaller enlargers could be made to dissassemble baseboard from column, and would fit into a carrying pack or duffel. I think you could drop a small Sony CyberShot digital right on there!

Years ago, I used an Omega D-2 enlarger's baseboard and column and the negative stage's mounting arms. I removed the lamp housing, and the lens mounting stage, the negative carrier, and the lens. Basically, all that remained were the two "arms" that extended from the column, and on which the majority of the enlarger was built. In between those two arms, a Nikon F3 camera fit PERFECTLY!!!! And I mean perfectly! It made a fabulous copy stand! I did a fair amount of copy work on that. Perhaps a smaller, 35mm-only enlarger could be converted. The beauty of an enlarger is that it positions the lens so that the center of the field is centered on the baseboard below. Many smaller enlargers could be made to dissassemble baseboard from column, and would fit into a carrying pack or duffel. I think you could drop a small Sony CyberShot digital right on there!

Hiiii, thank you. I think I remember this machine, Nikon F3, my father had one and saved it for years, but while I was a kid, I threw it down from the 10th floor of the building. Do you know, it was still in perfect health, just its lens was broken.

I looked on eBAY....I actually own one of these, a Bogen X35B enlarger...this is a VERY small enlarger, and the bottom comes off easily, with just one thumbscrew the column can be undone...the baseboard is very small, and column is very short, and would easily fit in a backpack.

Bogen X35B Photo Enlarger Darkroom Photography Parts Repair Item eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I looked on eBAY....I actually own one of these, a Bogen X35B enlarger...this is a VERY small enlarger, and the bottom comes off easily, with just one thumbscrew the column can be undone...the baseboard is very small, and column is very short, and would easily fit in a backpack.

Bogen X35B Photo Enlarger Darkroom Photography Parts Repair Item eBay

You will still need lights though once you add those I don't think your going to get it all down I to the size the OP wants.

Why not just use something like in the video I posted earlier?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You need a clean piece of clear glass large enough to cover the document (to keep it flat) 3-5mm thick is ideal and two lights set up on either side lighting at 45° then use your camera at the center parallel to the document. Desk lamps should be OK for the lighting but both must have the same bulbs & be the same distance away so you get even lighting.
The actual camera needed will not matter unless you are photographing very small portions.

All of these machines are not enough for me because I ve to take photos as quick as possible in the government departments and it have to be clear so much, even the smallest details must be able to read, as well as small and light enough to fit in my bag.

Your not a spy are you? Sounds like a few movies I've seen!

Needs:
Good lighting, have seen some cheap LED video lights that are very portable.
Sturdy mount for camera, most portable is probably a clamp on a table.
Best to have a camera that can be fired remotely so copy work can be quickly switched out.
Something to hold the document flat.
Post process images to bring out the most detail, on a small portable laptop.

Now the Minolta 16mm cartridge film camera we had came with two close-up filters and each filter had its own screw in chain so you could hold the camera at exactly the right height to make a good copy. But now my iPhone and Genius Scan app beat that by a mile.

You are really bad friends. I am waiting for you now more than 1 year to give me a good machine advice but you still do not care about me. Nooo noo you are bad friends.

Hi,
clear and legible photos with high resolution, not so big and heavy photo machine to carry in my bag and a fast machine.

Photos of building projects. I need to take photos as quickly as possible and I have no time to create the right lighting,

Do not you still have any advice for me to take photos of documents so fast and clear, and ofcourse not a heavy machine ? I'm waiting for you for 5 months.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back