Does a memory card make a difference

in my experience, using fast data transfer is the most important. Personally i use TOSHIBA 4GB for memory card, but beside that i also have SanDisk.

in my experience, using fast data transfer is the most important. Personally i use TOSHIBA 4GB for memory card, but beside that i also have SanDisk.

Bazinga!

You need to figure out how fast you'll be shooting and buy the card that can keep up. I shoot motorsports and have a camera that can do 8fps. With an 18mp camera I've had images come out at over 16 megs in size.

A card that's considered "fast" can transfer like 30 megs per second (actually closer to 25), so that would limit my 8 fps camera to 3 fps of continuous shooting. The buffer in the camera will help, but you get the idea. If you're not shooting continuous you should be fine with a somewhat slower card.

I have a couple 8gb @ 30MB/s. I had also thought about getting a slow and larger card to save money. I stuck with the faster card as I thought I need them for sports.

To the best of my knowlege, they will last a long time. So, I feel good with spending a little more.
You have CF in your D90? :scratch:

:confused:

extremeiii_8gb_hires.jpg

I'm going to be going to my local Camera store to see what they have there. I think I'm going to settle for a class 6 or 8 8G

Most reactions

New Topics

Back