Does any booty have the Sony 50 1.8?

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ino Ino. I can search the interwebs, and it has many great reviews about this lens. I wanted to see if anyone has this lens and also shoot with legacy lenses. Is it any better? I found one used for $120, and if it isn't much better than my Nikon glass, well, that's $120 that remains in my pooket.

I have it, and I love it. But I have no basis for comparison, so....I'm not much help. :) $120 is a pretty awesome price for it, though. The cheapest I've seen is around $180. You're sure it's not damaged?

I have it, and I love it. But I have no basis for comparison, so....I'm not much help. :) $120 is a pretty awesome price for it, though. The cheapest I've seen is around $180. You're sure it's not damaged?

It's listed at my local pawn shop for $200, but I know it has been sitting there for at least four months. I've been eyeballing it, but I didn't really want to use it with the reduced megapixel on the A7. Now that I have a Sony APSC, I'm going after it. I called the manager today and hounded him to sell it to me at cost, and he agreed, so I am going to pick it up on Wednesday.

Ah, nice! Yeah, I love it. I use it for portraits all the time.

Here's one wide open (why did I shoot it wide open? Because I'd had my shiny new camera for all of two months and that's what you do with these lenses, right?):

family2 (1) by cherylynne1, on Flickr

And here's one paired with the a6000, stopped down to 2.8. Nothing noteworthy, of course, but you can kind of get a sense of the "feel" it gives you. Plus, I can't wait to embarrass my son by showing pictures like this to his future girlfriends. :)

DSC00285 by cherylynne1, on Flickr

Thanks, @cherylynne1! I knew I could count on you. I must say however, I am disappointed in the NEX6 after looking at your Flickr. I can't find the flag on the moon anywhere. I guess that's why we need 24 mp, eh?

Lol! Yep, those are almost 100% crops with the 55-210 kit lens. No focus stacking, but lots of contrast/sharpening, etc. It'll never impress any astrophotographers, but I'm happy enough with them for now. :)

First thing I thought of. It's a remix of the original prank call, but "some booty" is a pretty close.

I purchased mine 6 months ago at Best Buy for $78.95. I was just cruising the camera Dept and stopped to look at lenses when I saw the price tag. I thought it was a mistake. I just told a salesman that I wanted one and assumed that when he would "ring it up" my bubble would be burst but the price was in the system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back