Does anybody know..

Your.Sweet.666

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What camera this is? I know its a canon film SLR.
ist2_162652_35mm_film_photo_camera_.jpg

I think it may be a Canon 500 EOS N Slr but im not sure.

Also how much would you offer someone for a second hand one? A guy i know has offered me one its in mint condition but i dont know anything about cameras to be honest.

help please

Welcome to the forum.

I definitely looks like one of the 'Rebel' series. That would be the North American designation anyway.

This site has all of the different EOS film bodies listed, with specs...but I don't think there are images.

Here is a search for images of the 500N. Doesn't quite look like this one...but it's hard to tell.

As for a fair price to offer...I would check E-bay to see what they are going for. It also depends on which lens is included...but I would guess that $100-$150 would be in the neighborhood.

www.canon.com/camera-museum

looks like the EOS Rebel 2000 (america) EOS 300 (Europe) EOS Kiss III (Japan)

Begs me to ask... why are the emblems stripped off?

Ebay showing them going for under $50 for body only. Some kits are going for under $100. If it is being sold by a camera store, then expect to pay a little more. ($ = US dollars).

Yeah i did see the 300, Um it comes with a 28-80mm lense i think. He wants £60 for it which i guess is about $95-$105 (not sure on exchange rate) so thats a pretty good deal? Comes with manual and new batterys.

O and thats not a picture of the actual camera he has, I searched google for "Canon SLR" and saw that which looks like the same model. So i dont know about the ebelems being stripped off lol

Well if that's not the actual camera it could be a different model; there are several Canon film SLRs which look similar.

£60 is generally a reasonable price for a second-hand autofocus film SLR and lens. Film SLRs have come down in price a lot, and it's not hard to find them at that sort of price so don't feel like you'd be missing out on a great deal if you don't buy. I would ask for the actual model name/number before buying.

I bought the camera its an Eos 500 N

(Click for a bigger pic)

Rough spec
Canon lense 28mm-80mm 1.3ft macro
Shutter speed - 1/2000th-30
Apeture(I think thats the right one) 3.5-22

had a play around with it today at work/home few countryside shots (including a flooded park which i thought looked cool), Few shots of birds and few of my car. Will post some up here when i get them developed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back