Does anyone buy 35mm slr's anymore

BigB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a really nice 35mm slr that I never use anymore. Are these things just dinosaurs of the camera world now or are the worth anything for resale? If they have any value, where would be a good place to unload them. I have looked on ebay, but there seems to be a lot of unsold cameras there.

Thanks for any input.

we've given most of our film cameras away.
theres always the few that are rare, or collectible...or Leica's.
quite a few medium format cameras are still worth a few bucks.

Depends on what you have. A Black Nikon F2 with eye-level finder, goes for a premium. A Nikon N70- goes for about $20. I paid a lot more for the N70 than I did the Black F2 with eye-level prism.

This forum has an active collector's forum and film forum. You might try the classified ads here.

we've given most of our film cameras away.
theres always the few that are rare, or collectible...or Leica's.
quite a few medium format cameras are still worth a few bucks.
Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Too bad. Thanks for the reply.

I usually see a few of them in the local classified. People listing a camera/lens/flash/bag...for about 50% of what (their mom/dad/husband) paid for it 15 years ago. Of course, they could probably only get 10% of their asking price.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very few people want these things , times changes and so does technology :(

If you have a Minolta Maxxum, then you can get a some money from the lens. I bought a Minolta Maxxum 70 to 210mm to use on my Sony A55. Some photography classes in college require their students to start out with a film SLR sometimes you get a buyer that away.

I use these

SRW_2513.jpg

Very few 35mm SLR cameras have value ... especially if build between 1970 to current.
It's the old stuff that is in demand ... or the very unique.

I sold my film stuff years ago ... and now I can buy it back for a fraction of the price.

Only the best of the best have any value, but film is still popular, especially with the new hipster crowd. I think it may even be gaining in popularity compared to a few years ago.

Personally I only shoot digital for wildlife and sports, due to speed and iso performance. Everything else is shot on film because it still looks better in my subjective opinion.

Most reactions

Back