Does anyone buy 35mm slr's anymore

If you have a Minolta Maxxum, then you can get a some money from the lens. I bought a Minolta Maxxum 70 to 210mm to use on my Sony A55. Some photography classes in college require their students to start out with a film SLR sometimes you get a buyer that away.

I actually have a like new Maxxum XTSI w/ 2 lenses and a really old XD11 with a bunch of lenses that I got from my dad back in the 80's.

You should keep the Minolta XD-11 and lenses ... in case you ever want to use Film.

Lenses are worth more than the camera bodies.

What Maxxum lenses do you have ?

You should keep the Minolta XD-11 and lenses ... in case you ever want to use Film.

Lenses are worth more than the camera bodies.

What Maxxum lenses do you have ?
I have a Tameron 28-80 and a Tameron 70-300

I think it's a good idea to have the 35mm around. Just as dxqcanada said, if you ever need/want to shoot film, you'll have it! (Who knows, they may start going back up in price again once they become even more rare.) There's also something exciting about using film, where you don't get the instant gratification that digital provides - and you have to take the care to really compose that shot perfectly. Makes for more of a challenge. That's why I still have my two 35mm cameras.

Film is still being taught in a few high schools and colleges (UMCP, for example).

Film is still being taught in a few high schools and colleges (UMCP, for example).
Yup, my son is in 8th grade and taking photography.

I just bought a film Canon eos for $50 just for the 2 lenses it came with.

Hey Everyone, I'am new to this forum & this is my first ever post!!!

Being 25 years old, I'm a Art student and I love 35mm more than digital, contemporary taste among the young students is that the more graphic types use digital, but the ones who have been shown 35mm & the dark room absolute love 35mm!!!!.
I do use digital but just for documenting course work journals mainly, my foundation is always 35mm and I use the Lomography camera's mainly like the Diana Mini, Lomokino and hopefully getting a Holga & Lomo LC-A in the future before I go to University later this year. I do have some old 35mm slr which I love, plus just recently I bought a dark room set up for when I get my own place.
I'am starting currently an assignment based on the work of Richard Billingham, I've been encounting problems upon buying new 35mm color and processing,as I do Black & White myself at Ar School and usually get it from there without problem.
I hope this helps in anyway :)

Hi!

I've been using 35mm camera (Praktica MTL-5) for decades and it travelled with me to the most distant mountains in rain and heat. The best photos in my life I took with it.

The greatest advantage:

1. I never worried about batteries when going to places without electricity.
2. It was much easier to operate - focus and diaphragm are manual, I get what I see. Now, with my Canon 350D I have to go throuogh on screen menues, settings, modes, etc. just to do a simple thing that would took me 1 sec. on my old Praktica MTL-5. I have the Canon 350D for 3 years, yet I still can't find out how to do nights shots, for example - it is so complicated!

Most reactions

Back