Does anyone here actually use pictbridge? ... ever?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a personal interest question. It was mentioned in the Sony thread. Who here uses pictbridge often, when you absolutely need to, or even ever? How many people here even know what pictbridge is?

I used it probably once to see how / if it worked. I was underwhelmed enough by the results that I don't even remember how it works now.

Ok just for the record nearly all of our cameras have it, and those with compatible printers (all of them these days) you can plug your camera straight into the printer, and use an outright **** (on the nikon anyway) interface to print photos without the need for a computer or a printer that accepts memory cards.

...yes, I know what PictBridge is, but I've never had to use it...my HP Photosmart 7150 doesn't have it (the 7150 apparently is a pre-PictBridge printer; it has a direct camera connector, but it is a dedicated connector for HP cameras...but it still does a decent job when I load the 57 and 58 ink cartridges and use high-quality photo paper)...and my computer has a card reader built in, so I can simply pull my xD card, plug it in and download and print my pictures that way...

Most reactions

Back