Does anyone here have any experience with HP Officejet Pro 8000?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by msf, Aug 24, 2009.

1. msf

msf TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I recently purchased this printer because I could not pass up the deal. Its regularly $150, on sale for $75 at office depot, plus I traded in an old printer for $50 credit, making the printer $26 after tax.

I was just curious if anyone here has this, and can let me know how affordable it is on ink. It does have 4 seperate ink cartridges for cmyk which is great. It also gives you the option to replace the two print heads which seems to be a good feature down the road. but the ink cartridges seem rather expensive, compared to my Canon i9100 cartridges.

Im just wondering if I should use this until the ink cartridges run out, and then sell it on ebay, or keep it. It would be good to have a backup printer incase I were to do something on location and have to print on the spot. Generally I prefer to order from WHCC because after you pay for the ink and paper, your ahead getting it done there.

2. Jas23

Jas23 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've got the slightly older version of that printer, and your instincts are right--that ink is expensive!

I wouldn't sell the printer on ebay...if you were able to get it for $75 brand new including full cartridges, the most that someone will pay for a used one (with zero ink) is...well...not much at all. Plus, printers are heavy and expensive to ship, and people will factor the shipping costs into their bidding.

I would keep the HP printer, and just buy the ink cartridges on ebay. I've found the best deals to be on "lots" of 4 or 8 cartridges. Just make sure to check the seller's feedback, b/c you want to make sure they're selling genuine ink cartridges and not a knock-off one.

3. msf

msf TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I got it for $26 thanks to a $50 printer trade in *paid $1 or $2 at a yard sale*. :) I was hoping to make enough on ebay to break even, while getting to use all the ink for pretty much free prints. : )

How many prints do you generally get out of the ink carts on average?