Does Anyone here likes Rock n' Roll?

MY TOP TEN FAVORITE ROCK SONGS as of right now (please comment if you feel the need)

1. Gypsy Eyes - Jimi Hendrix
2. Guarenteed - Eddie Vedder
3. Winter Time - Steve Miller Band
4. What Is and What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin:headbang:
5. Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
6. The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix:headbang:
7. The Weight - The Band:headbang:
8. Green River - Creedence Clearwater
9. Nutshell - Alice In Chains
10. I'd Love To Change the World - Ten Years After:headbang:

do any of you like any of these? i dont ever get to talk music when i'm around my friends because they have no clue who most of these bands are. haha. --they listen to the stupid crap their coming out with now
Not a fan of the new music, unless it is the stuff coming out of Europe, progressive metal, and symphonic metal. Other then that, Im still in the 70/80s

With R&R, I stay pretty much in the 60's to 80's even though there are a few good songs that come out now. The new ones usually have some resemblance to the older stuff anyway.

With the Blues, I can easily get in the way-back machine and groove on Son House, Billie Holiday, Lead Belly, Robert Johnson and the like on up to todays blues artist. The blues is the blues is the blues. Don't need to flap in the wind of change.

Not a fan of the new music, unless it is the stuff coming out of Europe, progressive metal, and symphonic metal. Other then that, Im still in the 70/80s

ill have to look into the progressive metal and symphonic metal. any bands in particular that are good?

ill have to look into the progressive metal and symphonic metal. any bands in particular that are good?
Check out....let see, I will just pop off a few of my faves. Kamelot, Within Temptation, Stratavarious, ....and on the progressive side, Dream Theater, Vicious Rumours. Some heavy stuff, but not to everyones tastes.

ill have to listen to some tonight- cant get through to any right now my school blocks EVERYTHING. i looked up water droplets one time and it was also BLOCKED.
im curious as to see what your top 10 song picks would be Chiller.

ill have to listen to some tonight- cant get through to any right now my school blocks EVERYTHING. i looked up water droplets one time and it was also BLOCKED.
im curious as to see what your top 10 song picks would be Chiller.
Do ya want my top 10 pick...ever? That will take some thinking. :gah:

I think Chris Cornell is a great 'living' rock singer,.. but with fewer hits since Soundgarden,.. let's hope he finds a great group again. Listening to Audioslave right now - there are some good ones...

Oddly, KORN is probably my favorite band, with TOOL a close 2nd. Johnathan Davis' range is not that wide, but he brings so much emotion and thick original style. Tool simply takes me on rich auditory and visual trips.. Try some serious cross country cycling...

Pearl Jam!!! Kicking musical arse for years...

YES - ZEP - Rush - Pink Floyd - Zappa - Gentle Giant - Manson - NIN, then I will come down with some Jazz, Spanish guitar, Classical.. Love it ALL!

Regarding spiritual matters, I'm so glad we are So far So good. Open the door wide enough and some highly polarized belief system will no doubt find an overwhelming need to impose their beliefs :hail: - so maybe just leave the screen door open (latch locked) next time.

-Shea

chris cornell is good. i think his long hair, back in his younger days, made him sound better. Ha ha. the only stuff he has come out with now that i like is "like a stone" with audioslave.

yes pearl jam defintely dominates.

ive said it before and ill say it again--- listen to eddie vedders soundtrack for INTO THE WILD. its a true masterpiece. just his voice and an acoustic.

Led Zeppelin all the way for me.
First album was Tommy by the Who. Played it on my Panasonic Hi-Fi.
Had all the KISS albums as soon as they came out.
Classic rock all the way for me.
In 1992/93 I lived in the dorms. Had a roommate for the first half of the year. I called him before I moved up and said hey dude I just wanted to let you know I have a pretty big stereo system and I am bringing it up. He was like I do too. We were both like, well we will find room some how.

In a 12'x12' dorm room we had 2 Cerwin Vega AT15's and 2 Infinity reference 5's for the main speakers (each had 15" woofers). With 2 Cerwin Vegas AT10's for rear's. All powered by a peavy 1,200 amplifier. We had a BASF 24 channel spectrum analyzer, a Pioneer laser disc player, a Mitsubishi 6 head hifi vcr, a 5 disc sony cd, changer, a 6 disc pioneer cd changer, and 2 dual casette players.

Nobody could out gun us. :headbang:

We pissed more than a few people off as our choice was rock, and that was against the popular pop type stuff at the time. If someone got a little to agressive with Michael Jackson stuff or some of the heavy bass stuff that was out at the time. We just cranked up a little Fantasy by Aldo Nova. And the first part of the song would clear things off the walls. :lol: Not only were we the loudest, we also caused the most damage. :mrgreen:

I think Chris Cornell is a great 'living' rock singer,.. but with fewer hits since Soundgarden,.. let's hope he finds a great group again. Listening to Audioslave right now - there are some good ones...

Oddly, KORN is probably my favorite band, with TOOL a close 2nd. Johnathan Davis' range is not that wide, but he brings so much emotion and thick original style. Tool simply takes me on rich auditory and visual trips.. Try some serious cross country cycling...

Pearl Jam!!! Kicking musical arse for years...

YES - ZEP - Rush - Pink Floyd - Zappa - Gentle Giant - Manson - NIN, then I will come down with some Jazz, Spanish guitar, Classical.. Love it ALL!

Regarding spiritual matters, I'm so glad we are So far So good. Open the door wide enough and some highly polarized belief system will no doubt find an overwhelming need to impose their beliefs :hail: - so maybe just leave the screen door open (latch locked) next time.

-Shea

I could probably talk for hours and hours about the "rich auditory and visual trips" Tool takes me on. I'm crazy in love with Tool.

I'm not a big fan of Korn, but to be fair I've only heard a few songs that are on the radio.

I envy you Chiller, well I have the KISS' dolls.:) Hey I like Chris Cornell too and Tom Morello. What happens to the topic? Well, anyway, here are my all time fav songs...

1) While my guitar gently weeps - George Harrison and Steve Lukather's version

2) Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix

3) Texas Flood - SRV

4) Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix

5) N.I.B. - Black Sabbath

6) Slips Away - Andy Timmons

7) Start it up - Robben Ford

8) Highway to hell - AC/DC

9) Like a Stone - Audio Slave

10) God Gave Rock n Roll - KISS

May the God of Rock be with you all...Always.

I envy you Chiller, well I have the KISS' dolls.:) Hey I like Chris Cornell too and Tom Morello. What happens to the topic? Well, anyway, here are my all time fav songs...

1) While my guitar gently weeps - George Harrison and Steve Lukather's version

2) Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix

3) Texas Flood - SRV

4) Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix

5) N.I.B. - Black Sabbath

6) Slips Away - Andy Timmons

7) Start it up - Robben Ford

8) Highway to hell - AC/DC

9) Like a Stone - Audio Slave

10) God Gave Rock n Roll - KISS

May the God of Rock be with you all...Always.
I bet you are married with kids, live far from my home and way too young..... otherwise, I'd try to chat you up. I mean really, what other chick would choose something off Sabbath's first album on their top ten? :headbang: (I actually like Bit of Finger-Sleeping Village-Warning a bit more :biggrin:)

marc bolan was - actually, still IS rock'n'roll
period

Most reactions

Back