Mad Season
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam
Metallica (before they sold out)

not much of the old stuff for me, it has far too much high pitched twiddly guitar nonsense and spandex for me :greenpbl::lol:

oh and whoever it was that mentioned 'Nutshell' by Alice in Chains, yep its probably one of the greatest songs ever!

And for those who have not lived and not heard it [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYjBvvXPcA"]click here[/ame]

And another thing for all the Chris Cornell, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam fans, get yourselves a copy of the movie Singles :lol:

And I'll leave this here, the best band in the world with one of the best cover versions in the world [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8BuAVVNh6w&feature=related"]click[/ame]

If you enjoy Sabbath/Maiden, then be sure to check out Slough Feg, they are somewhat in the same vein. Probably the only modern music other than European metal that I enjoy.

Edit: I know Black Sabbath and Maiden aren't exactly the same genre, I meant to say that chances are if you like them, you'll like Slough feg, as Slough Feg are in the same vein as Iron Maiden.

Is rock music satanic?

oh and whoever it was that mentioned 'Nutshell' by Alice in Chains, yep its probably one of the greatest songs ever!

And for those who have not lived and not heard it click here

And another thing for all the Chris Cornell, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam fans, get yourselves a copy of the movie Singles :lol:

And I'll leave this here, the best band in the world with one of the best cover versions in the world click

i was the one who mentioned "nutshell". i have every song and video alice in chains ever came out with. R.I.P layne staley. i noticed you didnt have very much nirvana on your list? nirvana unplugged, aic unplugged are TOPS. but anyway love 90s grunge too. on another post somewhere on here-- i think off topic chat-- we have discussed this too:wink:

My top ten (tonight) BTW, my DNA requires me to be different.

In no particular order........... gawd, I hope I can count to ten........

..... Oh, this is R&R, not the Blues...... hopefully..... Oh one more thing..... I like it lllllllliiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeee

Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You - In Concert
Blue Oyster Cult - Cities On Flame Wth Rock & Roll - On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
Uhriah Heep - Tears In Your Eyes -Live
Tommy Bolin - Poast Toastee - Private Eyes
Loggins & Messena - Angry Eyes - On Stage
Allman Brothers Band - Les Brer in A Minor - Eat A Peach
Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Circles - Sister Sweetly
Grand Funk Railroad - Inside Looking Out - Caught In the Act
Deep Purple - Gettin' Tighter - Come Taste the Band
Chicago Transit Authority - I'm a Man - CTA

There's so much more out there..................................

Ohhhh there are so many more.......................

[EDIT] Don't know which one I'm taking out, but I want to add
Leon Russell - Jumping Jack Flash Flash/Youngblood - Leon Live

OH, while I'm at it .... Les Dudek - Baby Sweet Baby/What's It Gonna Be - Say No More

Last edited:
Rock n roll is not satanic. However, rock does have and in fact requires a sense of rebellion to it. This is why I think that Christian rock is impossible. There is nothing rebellious about it. Favorite band? Guns N Roses, Chinese Democracy is going to be an amazing album.

In all the history of all the rock 'n roll threads, this is the only one without a specific, badass, guitar shredding, vocal tearing metal band EVAR!!!!!

PANTERA RULES!!!!!

I bet you are married with kids, live far from my home and way too young..... otherwise, I'd try to chat you up. I mean really, what other chick would choose something off Sabbath's first album on their top ten? :headbang: (I actually like Bit of Finger-Sleeping Village-Warning a bit more :biggrin:)

Lol. But thanks. No, I am not married yet, but my bf and I have plans of getting married. :) Well, my boyfriend is a guitarist of a local band. We both love NIB - Black Sabbath.

I have been tossing this top 10 thingy around for a week and a bit now, and pretty much gave up. I have music around me all day, and really dig too much to just pick top songs. So, I will just list a bunch that I really enjoy.

Megadeth--A toute le monde
Queensryche--Operation Mindcrime
Dream Theater--Metropolis
Within Temptation--Jillian
Iron Maiden--The Number of the Beast
Judas Priest--Painkiller
Kamelot--The Fourth Legacy
RUSH--2112
........and the list goes on and on and on and on...............

I have been tossing this top 10 thingy around for a week and a bit now, and pretty much gave up. I have music around me all day, and really dig too much to just pick top songs. So, I will just list a bunch that I really enjoy.

Megadeth--A toute le monde
Queensryche--Operation Mindcrime
Dream Theater--Metropolis
Within Temptation--Jillian
Iron Maiden--The Number of the Beast
Judas Priest--Painkiller
Kamelot--The Fourth Legacy
RUSH--2112
........and the list goes on and on and on and on...............

haha. yes, it is quite hard to pick...i like the ones on here i know, though i do not know most of them unfortunatly. guitar hero absolutely ruined number of a beast for me. ......guitar hero....tsk..tsk

Guitar hero cracks me up. Sure it is fun to play, but one night at my daughters, I got hooked on this dang song, and went home seeing...red...red...green...red....red...green.....oh...you see the point. :lmao::lmao:

Lol.:lol::lol: That's funny. Hey my guitar heroes are SRV Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimi Hendrix!:hail:

Anything with guitars in, but would have to include Joe Satriani, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy, Ozzy Osborne, The Black Keys and Zakk Wylde. Throw Tool, Queensryche, Genesis, Rush and a bunch of others in for good measure. You get the idea.

This is a quote from a reply to a music video by the Scorpions :lol::lol: I cant believe that people will see this deep into a song. Being in bands for years, the last thing on our mind writting a song was to see what type of encrypted message we could put in there. SHeeit...have the time we forgot the lyrics when we played live. :lol::lol: It was like the whole backwards tracking thing that those bored housewives decide was corrupting out planet came up with. Gheesh.... it is music...it is like photography. Somebody is just creating art

"Well, my point is simply that these songs have encrypted messages and occult symbology. I for one feel stupid for having listened to them for so long without realizing it, and it makes me feel like these guys are mocking everyone by hiding their symbols and messages in plain sight. "

hahahaha. hey chiller have you heard the one that says if you play stairway to heaven backwards its supposed to be satanic or something stupid like that. just sounds like stairway to heaven backwards to me.

Most reactions

Back