Does anyone know a good forum where grown-up photographers meet?

Then whats the point of these forums?

$$$
Then its all about the money?

The original owner sold the forum to some people that were experienced at running forums and wanted to learn about photography (learn about more $$$).

It never really got better and you see a dwindling management presence. It used to be that moderators would be seen posting all the time, but now you rarely see any unless they're reminding people to be civil.

Probably down to the God squad, i have seen on here people saying should have put NSFW when someone has a bikini on :confused:

I've only been here a little while (very short) but I've lost a bit of faith in this forum recently too. It's starting to look more and more like a paintballing forum I used to frequent. Photocamel seems to be where the migration is heading, but I think I may try out that imageaspect site. Looks small and personal. I like that.

"The Witch" is an interesting shot, and the neatest use of a stripper pole (other than the intended use) I've ever seen! :)

maybe i'll see you guys over at photocamel.

i'll keep my name.

photoSIG » Main

Yes it is a Canon site, but the group you seek is an good one. Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin
You must log in to see that particular forum.

Check out this one and see if it is to your liking.
DPChallenge - A Digital Photography Contest

Oh, and one more thing. Don't go just because of this. Your knowledge and participation has been a valuable asset to the forum and the ones you help are not the ones that made this decision. :D

The Canon forum (POTN- Photography On The Net) is an excellent forum and has a Glamour/Nude forum made up of excellent photographers. You have to be a member to access the GN forum and you have to have a minimum of 500 posts to post in that forum, but you can gain early access simply by communicating to one of the mods your desire to do so.

It seems that TPF could have done something similar instead of just forcing censorship on a beautiful part of our art.

Sad no Mods have chimed-in. Apparently this is an issue.

I for one, although a new member, am a bit concerned about the arbitrary decisions being made here.

I have asked one of the mods, but he has yet to come back online to answer my pm. However I have the strong feeling that they are as in the dark about this as we are at present.

I have asked one of the mods, but he has yet to come back online to answer my pm. However I have the strong feeling that they are as in the dark about this as we are at present.

And we probably won't see an admin until they remove another section. That's my guess anyways...

Most reactions

Back