Does anyone own a K20D??

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Pure Captures, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Pure Captures

Pure Captures TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Does anyone own and shoot with a Pentax K20D. It sounds like a really great camera for the price and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they like theirs. Love it? Hate it? What's your story??

Matthew Block
    Pure Captures Photographer

2. It feels nice, I was playing with one at the store recently... but don't own it.

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have the predecessor, the k10d and have considered the 20d, but I've slowed down on taking paid gigs for now as my real job has been more demanding and don't have as much time as I would like. If I didn't already have the 10d, I'd definately buy the 20d. I just didn't see enough improvements over the 10d to invest. I love the 10d however and it has done a wonderful job. The main selling point over the 10d to me is that it has a sync connection finally. The added 4mp would be nice, but it's not worth the upgrade alone. Mine does fine with large images. I've done a few 16x20 and rarely need a print larger than that. It also has Live View which a lot of people seem to want, but I have no idea why you would want that in a dslr, so that has no appeal to me. Otherwise, it has the same weather seals, built in image stabilization, and other features you find on the k10d. The added ISO may be a benefit but I haven't searched for any images shot at 3200 or 6400 with the k20d to analyze the noise. As I said, if I didn't already have the k10d, it would be a great buy. You may find more bang for your buck in a k10d though if you can still find them in stock somewhere. I would image they have come down significantly in price since the introduction of the k20d.