Does anyone recommend an online photolab (only to photographers)?

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there.
I am dealing with Pictage right now and I am not digging the 100.00 monthly fee. Is that the norm?

Can anyone recommend an outstanding online photolab that has online proofing capabilites.

Any help would be appreciated.

What are you getting for that mouthly fee?

As for printing I’m under impression that digital files need little or no tweaking when printed. So any well-maintained machine should produce quality prints.

The only adjustments I know of are color enrichment and straightening (adjust for about 2deg and crops to fit). Most labs offer the option to turn color enrichment on or off.

I have uses Adorama, Mpix, local Costco mini-lab and a local pro lab all with the similar results. Send a test print out to several different labs see for your self. Personally I like Adorama quality the best. But IMO Mpix’s delivery time is the best.

i love mpix's large prints. my only complaints with them would be that to obtain optimal sharpness in small prints you should have them cropped to that format and resharpened already.

Try NPC-NET.COM. (Northwest Professional Color). They are great! No monthly minimums & extremely fast turnaround!

Bixbooh

I'll second Mpix, especially for larger things. I have 7 11x14 prints from them in my apartment, and they are all stellar in quality

I've tried both Kodak and MPix, and have had great results with both (I've had prints made up to 30"x20").

I've got a batch going to Adorama, to see how they stack up.

I'll be trying Calypso next, as I want to try out Fuji Super Gloss/FujiFlex paper.

I'd like to try out an example using Ilfochrome (Cibachrome), so I'll have to find an outfit that can image digital prints to that type of paper.

Most reactions

Back