Does anyone use Novatron Lights?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Icicle, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Icicle

Icicle TPF Noob!

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I would not spend almost a thousand dollars for that kit; it is only a 400 watt-second power pack and three flash heads, a case, and three light stands...that is simply too much money for what you will get.
    I would definitely,definitely suggest looking at a Speedotron 405 Black Line 400 watt-second power pack and three 103 light heads as being faster to recycle, better, and with a significantly higher resale value. The Black Line 405 power supply has three head outlets, and variable power in click stops, and is simply a higher-grade system, with significantly higher long-term system potential, like the 202 Variable Focusing head,the fan-cooled 102 head, and the wonderful Speedotron 20 and 22 inch beauty dishes. And many more items.
    Novatron has been on the market for many years, but that kit is simply overpriced. Used Novatron stuff is all over eBay. Novatron is not bad stuff, but the technology and design they use is terribly dated in some ways,and it has poor resale value. It's sort of like the Ford Festiva of cars, or the K-Mart of stores. No offense. But $1k ought to buy more than what is in that kit.

3. tomhooper

tomhooper TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree with Derrel and I own a Novatron light set. Mine is only a two light set that I have had for a number of years. I think I paid less than $400.00 for it. It serves my purpose well but for 1K$ you can get more than the above mentioned kit.