Does anyone want to edit my picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch wasnt being rude he was giving you his opinion which Bitter agreed with. I mean why post again something thats already been said. The original pics exposure is off and yes its on a dark background so it makes the whole thing even darker. Instead of focusing on what you perceived as negativity from whom ever. Go shoot the picture again. Keep the hair clean, fix the exposure and then play around with it. There are tons of Youtube videos on how to change background not too mention someone else's reply here. Good luck and dont be discouraged because of negative critisiscm, learn what you can from it and go apply it.

I've always found bitter's up front-ness and honesty a great encouragement to be real and get things done the right way.

Plus, he has nice hats

But thats me.

I do echo his sentiment though. Get it right in camera the first time and limit the post work you need to do. As switch said, there are limits to what can be done in post. While alot can be done, when the basic image is not good or tack sharp, you severely limit yourself to what can be done.

Someone may have to spend 2 hours on an image that is not as nice while it would be 20 mins on something that is well shot

So what you post on your website isn't an example of your "best" work to show potential customers? 75% of those are selective color.

What I have seen, is you posting photo after photo, asking how to fix it in post, rather than asking how to get it right with the camera.

Look my customer's like my work! I like selective coloring and most of the selective coloring I do is on my own kids! I don't want your cc. You don't know how to be nice and offer help. I desire to be the best I can be but I don't have to deal with someone that can be mean, hurtful, and sarcastic!

Here is my take on it- I'm sure it could be done better, and I had to give her a hair cut to pull it off, but it works. I do agree though- your best bet is to re-shoot this with a different backdrop. A lot can be done in post, but it would look cleaner with something lighter than black.

DSC_0531.jpg

Isn't there a way to ignore a user so that you no longer see any of their posts?

Yup you go into your control panel and add them to ignore user. But be forwarned you will no longer see any of there posts and Im sorry but Bitter is talented and yes he's point blank blunt, his delivery might lack finess but his advice is generally spot on. You could learn from him. So you know he can be sarcastic and blunt bordering on rude, whatever he knows his ****, when he is being a smart ass call him on it but that means you just might have to admit he's right. ;)

Here is my take on it- I'm sure it could be done better, and I had to give her a hair cut to pull it off, but it works. I do agree though- your best bet is to re-shoot this with a different backdrop. A lot can be done in post, but it would look cleaner with something lighter than black.

DSC_0531.jpg
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. She is in a pageant and I don't have time or does she have the patience for a reshoot. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have. Especially with a child.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. She is in a pageant and I don't have time or does she have the patience for a reshoot. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have. Especially with a child.
Ah, I see.
You weren't looking for help learning how to do something.
You were looking for free labor.
Well played.

Ah, I see.
Well played.

seems that way

Ah, I see.
Well played.
yea that makes me mad

Ah, I see.
Well played.
yea that makes me mad

I asked if anyone wanted to edit my picture or if anyone could help me. I wasn't looking for free labor and she didn't have to do it if she didn't want to. I love editing pictures so if someone asked me to do it I wouldn't mind helping someone else at all. I've been look at how to's all morning, so it wasn't like I was sitting back and letting someone else do all the work. I agree delete the post and you all go about your business. There's way more people on here that want your opinion than me.

DSC_0531.jpg
I want to thank you for what you did. I wasn't at all looking for free labor. I want to know how to do it but I also asked if anyone wanted to do it. I hope that I have not offended you in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back