Does anyone want to edit my picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a way to ignore a user so that you no longer see any of their posts?

yes and I just took care of that

You have just ignored someone who can help you, I must be on quite and few ignore lists :lol:
First off you are using a shutter speed that is too slow for your focal length giving you a soft image, if you want a lighter background you have to light it it's no good thinking you can do everything in photoshop, when i shoot i try and get everything right in camera so when i go into LR it takes me about 1 minute per photo
If i was to edit your shot i would delete it

Last edited:
Yeah too much drama for me. I'm out!:thumbdown:

Its not even about the photo anymore...

There is more to a photo than just the end result. There is the prep work that has to be done to get a good image and the post work that needs to be done to get the effect you want.

Many people think that its just about clicking the shutter and dont spend time in the viewfinder framing and checking their settings to ensure the best photo possible under the given circumstances.

So yeah, its not always about the photo, its about the process

I am curious about one thing. I am not accusing, just...perplexed. What photo editing software do you use? You mentioned you are not good at Photoshop...well, what program ARE you good at? If you are a photographer looking for help, then learn the program as best you can.

If I am going to sell my work or have clients, I better be damn sure I am familiar, comfortable and know what I am doing in PP. Especially if I don't compose the original image correctly. It seems fairly beginner level-ish that the latest edit to the image is what you were looking. Nothing more than a mask, a feathered edge and some basic edits. I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon here, just wondering just what it is that you are able to handle in Post work yourself.

I am curious about one thing. I am not accusing, just...perplexed. What photo editing software do you use? You mentioned you are not good at Photoshop...well, what program ARE you good at? If you are a photographer looking for help, then learn the program as best you can.

If I am going to sell my work or have clients, I better be damn sure I am familiar, comfortable and know what I am doing in PP. Especially if I don't compose the original image correctly. It seems fairly beginner level-ish that the latest edit to the image is what you were looking. Nothing more than a mask, a feathered edge and some basic edits. I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon here, just wondering just what it is that you are able to handle in Post work yourself.

I've used photobucket and picnik. I just got photoshop and it's not the easiest program to work. I am very comfortable doing things with the programs I am used too I am just wanting to expand my knowledge with photoshop and what I am able to do with a photo pp with photoshop. If your interested in my work you can look at my blog gigiphotog.blogspot.com

I've used photobucket and picnik. I just got photoshop and it's not the easiest program to work. I am very comfortable doing things with the programs I am used too I am just wanting to expand my knowledge with photoshop and what I am able to do with a photo pp with photoshop. If your interested in my work you can look at my blog gigiphotog.blogspot.com

It would be better to get the camera side of thing sorted before worrying about PP, with any editing program if photo has blur it will come with blur with some fancy effects

I want to thank you for what you did. I wasn't at all looking for free labor. I want to know how to do it but I also asked if anyone wanted to do it. I hope that I have not offended you in anyway.

No worries, not offended in the least- I really enjoy playing around with pictures, and your little girl is precious:)

I do think, though, that you don't need to have your defenses up quite so high if you want to post pictures here. Behind what is easily perceived as sarcasm and rudeness on some replies to you was actually sincere, good advice. One rule I always try to follow when interacting on internet forums is this:

"Don't reply as though you're taking it personally or having a conversation with a single person. Interact with the subject at hand, not the individuals."

This works well to keep in mind especially when people seem rude or feel the temptation to interpret their replies as mean-ness directed your way.

As far as what I did, I wasn't sure if you'd want to use it because I kind of threw it together. I used a backdrop from another image I had done, and magic-lasso'd your picture onto it. Then I feathered her hair, and cloned over the strands that were too thin to work around (making it look like she had her hair cut..)

Then I healed the edges, brought up the exposure, saturation, color temp, and decreased the shadows. Then brightened the eyes with the brush, sharpened them as well. Then I healed her skin, blurred it to make it softer, and dodged the eyes one last bit.

After that, I applied the orton effect with soft light to get the nice soft-glow feel all over.

I've always wanted Bitter's thoughts on my photos, but never got them ... I guess that means I was doing at least 'SOMETHING' right. lol.

I agree with other posters, you've blocked someone who is 'in your face' truthful and is only doing it to help. I enjoy reading his thoughts lol.

I want to thank you for what you did. I wasn't at all looking for free labor. I want to know how to do it but I also asked if anyone wanted to do it. I hope that I have not offended you in anyway.

No worries, not offended in the least- I really enjoy playing around with pictures, and your little girl is precious:)

I do think, though, that you don't need to have your defenses up quite so high if you want to post pictures here. Behind what is easily perceived as sarcasm and rudeness on some replies to you was actually sincere, good advice. One rule I always try to follow when interacting on internet forums is this:

"Don't reply as though you're taking it personally or having a conversation with a single person. Interact with the subject at hand, not the individuals."

This works well to keep in mind especially when people seem rude or feel the temptation to interpret their replies as mean-ness directed your way.

As far as what I did, I wasn't sure if you'd want to use it because I kind of threw it together. I used a backdrop from another image I had done, and magic-lasso'd your picture onto it. Then I feathered her hair, and cloned over the strands that were too thin to work around (making it look like she had her hair cut..)

Then I healed the edges, brought up the exposure, saturation, color temp, and decreased the shadows. Then brightened the eyes with the brush, sharpened them as well. Then I healed her skin, blurred it to make it softer, and dodged the eyes one last bit.

After that, I applied the orton effect with soft light to get the nice soft-glow feel all over.

Thanks for letting me know how to do it. I'm about to print all this out so I can go practice. I do wear my heart on my sleeve and I was warned that it could get pretty harsh in here. I'd just like the advice without the ugliness. At least that's what'd I'd give. That is my daughter too. I'd never take a picture of someone else if I didn't know what I was doing.

That is my daughter too. I'd never take a picture of someone else if I didn't know what I was doing.

I'm not trying to be nasty, mean, ugly, what have you... but I am confused and curious about something...

Didn't you mention earlier in this thread something about having cilents?? :scratch:

::goes back to check::

Edit: Yes, you did...

Look my customer's like my work! I like selective coloring...etc.

I have clients plural but this was not a client's picture. It is one of my daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back