Does this edit work or is it too much?

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot and wanted to know if I went overboard with what I did to the edit.

The original...
543559008_57843b62d2_o.jpg

The edit...
543543578_b4cd81de43_o.jpg

Does the - crop, added contrast, added shadows on the mountain - work?

Yes its far from the original image.....but dear god its eye candy.....if i were diabetic i would be dead.

Lol. with that said..its very very dramatic...i love it. Great work.

I feel that really you could have done a little less but it does not take away from the amazing shot. Good work honestly its fantastic i believe.

great picture.....great editing. If finished product is what matters....which in most cases it does.....this is a winner

I like it, but i reckon it would look even better if the mountain stood out a bit more. It looks slightly dark. But overall i really like it.

The edited one is definitely the winner. It is much more dramatic!!! Although, there can be less editing, i still think it is a great image. It doesn't look complete to me, it seems that you cut out something important. Probably you should leave more sky. But it is just my opinion. Anyway, it is a great photo. Very well done!!!

In the original, i'm seeing rain out of that cloud, which adds enough dramatics for me... in a sort of wide open view of a desolate looking area...

In the re-do, I think while decent, it just looses the range of the mountain to much... and dark area just a tad on the , hard to believe look.. if this makes sense?? I say Overdone IMO ??

I agree with NEM that its a bit overdone.

A nice mix between the 2 would work better for me.
In the edited version the rain looks like black rain (which might be okay for an Ozzy Osbourne album) which is a bit distracting.

When adding contrast, it is very important not to obliterate detail completely which is why I agree that you should have had a "lighter touch" on the contrast control.

skieur

This is one of these edits where you do a little and think that looks good, then do a little more and think that looks even better, and pretty soon you've convinced yourself that it looks good when its probably too much. I do that a lot. I like it, but definitely a mix between the two would be a more accurate image.

Ooooo, I like the drama of the edit!
Maybe the RIM of the mountain top should be seen to a tad further*, just that, other than that though, the work on the sky alone is GREAT! (*I mean: that should be left less dark or brightened again or however these things can be done.)

Thanks guys... That's why I asked because I was not sure I liked it either. Fortunately I have it saved as a PSD file so it won't be that hard to edit...

Hows this?
544013044_0d146d1e37_o.jpg

Better?

Weeeellll, that dramatically BROODING part of the previously edited sky is not achieved again, and I liked that part... :scratch:

Much better edit. You have both the drama and the important detail. :thumbup:

skieur

Most reactions

Back