Does this fit...? Please

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by Joey28, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Joey28

Joey28 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is the first assignment I received in my photography class. I know nothing about photography but I do understand art pretty well and am a pretty good artist.

So our assignment for the weekend was to : Take a digital photograph that contains line & value, pattern, focal point & variety:

I took a few so they have to be in Black & White

Here they are

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In this one the focal point is the white cloth because it is white and have an interesting pattern to it it stands out on the darker colored background. The line where the wood on the furniture ends pulls your eye into the focal point (cloth). I do see value but not as much as there should be I have light & dark but not the 5 greys in between. What would you guys say? There is pattern everywhere and repetition the sowing in the furniture, zig zag threads. The designs in the wood and the patterns in the cloth are repeated again and again this adds variety as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like this one better the focal point is the plant and its shadow because it stands out on from the back ground its on a diagonal slant and the background is just vertical lines. It has line and pattern, vertical boards on the fence. I'm not sure if there is enough line though...I'm not sure on variety as well but it does have a nice value in it darks, lights and many greys in between.

What one should I choose or do they even qualify?:sexywink:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    please read the FAQ on this Forum