Does this photo work? (Paris Pic)

petertalke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.talkephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Might be too dark or just right?? What's your opinion?

ArcDeTriomphe.jpg

Very under exposed on the land, but actually I'd quite like to see it even darker! I picture that excellent sky with nothing but the red and white lights of those cars under the arch...

Do you still have the RAW? Try a program called UFRaw and see if you can either lighten those under exposed areas a little, or darken them out completely.

I also think that you should have gone either darker, or lighter. You sit in a grey area and it doesnt have much impact. I dont know if you have other shots at different exposures but you could also try HDR

Disposable camera
Built in flash and indicator light

LOL, did you just change that?

This looks like a prime example for HDR or splicing two images. Mebbe a long exposure with light streaks on the bottom?

Simple fix. Just get some fill flash to brighten up the entire l'Arc de Triumph... Simple!

No, seriously, though, I do think it would look cool as a silhouette. The Arc is famous enough that people will probably know what it is without any detail. Then again, the lights at the bottom may look strange then.

But I think its a really cool pic. I don't know if you live in Paris, or if it was a vacation, but be very glad that you were able to take this photo. I am still waiting to!

I appreciate the feedback everyone. I am 50/50 on it...great sky, but a little dark. This was from last week on vacation/work trip. Let me see what I can do to it both ways going darker or lighter...I'll post em if they come out decent. Paris is one of the best cities to visit. Cant beat seeign the Eiffel Tower everyday when you are there....sureal.

Most reactions

Back